Kt's Chicken Fajitas. Bestel het lekkerste van Subway gemakkelijk vanuit je luie stoel. Bestel je favoriete gerechten, waar en wanneer je maar wilt online! Air fry your chicken fajitas for a quick and tasty south-of-the-border meal.
Fajitas are wonderfully flexible and versatile! To save on prep time, use chicken tenders. They are a tad larger than chicken breast strips, so be sure to add enough time to cook them through. You can cook Kt's Chicken Fajitas using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kt's Chicken Fajitas
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need 3 tbsp of fajita seasoning (I use the brand name Trade East. It is a dry seasoning mix like taco seasoning called Mesquite Herb Fajita Seasoning).
- It’s 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 2 lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1/2" by 3" strips.
- It’s 1 large of spanish onion, sliced.
- Prepare 2 large of green, red or yellow bell peppers, sliced.
- It’s 2 clove of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- You need 1 of pepper.
- It’s 8 of flour tortillas 10".
- You need 1 of lettuce, optional.
- It’s 1 of tomato, optional.
- It’s 1 of sour cream, optional.
- You need 1 of shredded cheddar cheese, optional.
Swap out the chicken for steak, tofu and even portobello mushrooms. To make the fajitas, drain the chicken from the marinade. Stir as onions brown and chicken cooks through. Whether you're cooking chicken fajitas on the grill or the stove top, hitting the proper temp is essential for juicy, tender meat with the right amount of char.
Kt's Chicken Fajitas step by step
- Combine water and fajita seasoning in a medium sized bowl to create a marinade. Put the chicken in the marinade and refrigerate overnight..
- Preheat 2 large skillets on medium high heat with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in each. Drain the marinated chicken and cook in one of the skillets until caramelized and no longer pink in the center. In the other skillet saute the peppers, onions and garlic until crisp tender. Season the onion mixture with salt and pepper as desired during the cooking process..
- Combine the cooked chicken, peppers and onions into one skillet and cook together for a few minutes to marry the flavors..
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Serve the chicken mixture on the warmed tortilla shells with desired optional toppings..
- Sliced mushrooms can be cooked with the peppers and onions in step 2 as a variation. Steak could also be substituted for the chicken..
If cooking a whole chicken pieces, it's best to start in a fiery hot pan or grill to achieve the most flavorful meat, but then turning down the heat after flipping it when the first. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then add to bowl and toss to coat. When ready to cook, heat remaining tablespoon oil in a. One serving of fajitas gives you a decadent combo of grilled chicken, peppers, caramelized onions, veggies, and spices all wrapped in a warm, toasty tortilla. Whether you use chicken, pork, shrimp, or beef, the combination of bell peppers, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, garlic, sour cream, cheese, and various spices combine for an unforgettable meal.