Chicken Fajitas with Rajas con Crema. The marinade is oil, lime juice, smoked paprika, cumin, pepper, salt and cayenne; which makes for subtle but classic fajita "grilled" meat flavor. Chicken Fajitas with Rajas con Crema Alexander Mitchell Skokie, Illinois. You can keep the rajas con crema warm in a bowl in the oven, or just cover the skillet if chicken is almost ready.
From America's Test Kitchen episode: Chicken Classics, Improved. We like to serve these fajitas with crumbled queso fresco or feta in addition to the other garnishes listed. Media Crema (Table Cream) comes in small cans. You can have Chicken Fajitas with Rajas con Crema using 22 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Fajitas with Rajas con Crema
- You need 1/4 cup of Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Lime Juice.
- You need 4 of Garlic Cloves, Smashed.
- It’s 1 tsp of Smoked Paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Ground Pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (.5 Inch Thick).
- You need of Rajas con Crema.
- You need 1 lb of Poblano Chiles, Stemmed, Halved and Seeded.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- You need 2 clove of Garlic, Minced.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Dried Thyme.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Dried Oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Lime Juice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Ground Pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of Fresh Cilantro, Minced.
I make chicken and/or shrimp fajitas with rajas con crema, adding in queso fresco with the Crema Mexicana. Add corn and chicken base and stir. All I can say is, AMAZING!!! The food was delicious and the staff was very friendly.
Chicken Fajitas with Rajas con Crema instructions
- Cut chicken cross-wise into 1/4?-wide slices. Put the chicken back into the skillet and coat slices with the juices remaining in the pan..
- In a medium bowl, add 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, lime juice, pressed garlic, paprika, sugar, salt, cumin, pepper, and cayenne together. Whisk to combine, add the chicken to the bowl and toss to evenly coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and allow to marinade at room temperature for 1 hour..
- Meanwhile, set an oven rack as close as possible to the broiler element. Slice poblanos chiles in half, remove the stem and seeds, and arrange with the skin-side up onto a baking sheet lined with foil. Some of the chiles may need to be flattened so that they are the same distance from the broiler..
- Broil for 7 to 10 minutes until the skin becomes charred, rotating and adjusting the tray so that they char evenly. Empty the chiles into a large bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and allow them to steam for 10 minutes. Rearrange the oven racks so that there is one in the middle and lower positions and set oven to 200?F..
- Empty the chiles into a large bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and allow them to steam for 10 minutes. Rearrange the oven racks so that there is one in the middle and lower positions and set oven to 200?F..
- Peel away most of the skin from the chiles, and slice into 1/4? wide strips. Remove onions ends, slice in half, then slice onion from pole-to-pole into 1/4? wide strips..
- Add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil to a 12? non-stick skillet. Preheat over a high burner until the oil just begins to smoke. Add onions and cook for 4 minutes until they become charred. Cook the pressed garlic, thyme and dried oregano for just 15 seconds. Add the 1/2 cup of cream and reduce for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes until the onions are lightly coated with cream. Add sliced chile, lime juice, salt and pepper to the skillet, mix until evenly coated with cream..
- Empty the veggies into the same bowl you used to steam the chiles. Cover with aluminum foil and set on middle rack in the oven..
- Use paper towels to wipe out the skillet. Remove the chicken from the bowl and use more paper towels to wipe of some excess, but not all of the marinade.
- Set skillet over high burner and preheat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil until it begins to smoke. Cook chicken for 4 minutes without moving; until the bottom becomes charred. Flip chicken, cook for 2 minutes until the chicken registers 150?F. Bake for about 10 minutes until chicken internal temperature of the chicken reaches 160?F.
- Put cooked chicken on cutting board, tent loosely and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Don?t wash the skillet..
- When serving, put a few chicken slices in a warm flour tortilla. Put some vegetable mixture, cilantro ontop. Squeeze a lime wedge..
A variety of home made Mexican dishes and everything made from scratch. Rajas con crema, a hearty dish made with poblano chiles, onion, crema mexicana and a little bit of cheese, is a favorite in my house. Return chicken strips to pan and toss to coat with pan juices. Transfer to a bowl to serve. To serve, place a few pieces of chicken into the middle of a warmed tortilla, top with a spoonful of vegetable mixture, cilantro and cheese.