Kickin´ Chicken Fajitas. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Looking For Cchicken? We Have Almost Everything on eBay. Cast Iron Chicken Fajitas When you don't want to grill outside, use a cast iron skillet on your stove top to create great-tasting chicken fajitas.
Season chicken with salt and pepper, then add to bowl and toss to coat. Combine vegetable oil, chili powder, oregano, garlic, onion, cumin, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken tenders, bell peppers, and onion; shake to mix. You can cook Kickin´ Chicken Fajitas using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kickin´ Chicken Fajitas
- You need 1 lb of thin cut chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 medium of white onion.
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeno.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil (olive, grape, etc.).
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1/2 of lime.
Season both sides of chicken breasts with fajita seasoning. Arrange onion and peppers evenly on a rimmed sheet pan. Marinate the chicken with lime juice, and season with chile powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cumin. Season vegetables with salt and pepper and toss with olive oil.
Kickin´ Chicken Fajitas instructions
- Slice onion in half, exposing rings. Then make thin vertical slices. Feel free to cut rings in half or smaller slices if desired. I only use ~1/3 of the onion.
- Cut bell pepper into thin slices 1/4" wide. I cut these slices in half lengthwise to make em shorter. Use ~3/4 of bell pepper.
- Cut open jalapeno, remove seeds, and dice as much heat as desired. I'd recommend 1/2 for a lil heat, and the whole thing if you wanna take a walk on the wild side.
- In large skillet add oil, bell pepper, onion, and jalapeno. Grill on medium/med-high flame.
- While veggies grill, cut chicken into strips of desired size. I go with 1/2" wide,~1.5" long.
- When onions are translucent, and veggies have a little browning, remove to plate.
- Reusing the SAME pan, add a splash more oil ( 1/2 tbsp) and throw in chicken..
- Add spices, squeeze lime over, and grill over medium flame for approx 10 minutes (this will take longer if you didn't get thin cut chicken).
- Once chicken is cooked, add veggies back to pan with chicken to reheat (3-5 mins) and squeeze any juice still in lime.
- Serve in warm tortillas w/ rice, beans, and maybe some guac or lite amount of pepper jack cheese!.
Whisk lime juice, olive oil, and fajita seasoning together in a bowl and pour into a resealable plastic bag. Add chicken breasts, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Store in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to use. Spices will generally keep well for a year or two. To put it all together: Pile the veggies on a platter.