Fajita Lime Chicken Salad. We Have Almost Everything on eBay. This Chili Lime Chicken Fajita Salad has so much flavour happening, you don't know where to start. Creamy avocado slices, grilled red and yellow pepper strips (capsicum), or the succulent chicken thighs.
Wipe pan over with paper towel; drizzle with another teaspoon of oil and grill/fry capsicum/pepper and onion strips until cooked to your liking. Slice chicken into strips and prepare salad with leaves, avocado slices, capsicum/pepper and onion strips and chicken. Chicken Fajita Salad is quick and easy to make and is substantial enough for a large lunch or dinner. You can have Fajita Lime Chicken Salad using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fajita Lime Chicken Salad
- Prepare of Salad.
- Prepare 1 of Newman's own light lime dressing (sub any lime dressing, but this one is really good).
- Prepare 1 of celery heart (smallest, light green/yellow middle of a celery), sliced do not remove leaves.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro leaves.
- Prepare 1 bunch of red leaf lettuce, cut or torn into bite size salad bits.
- You need 1 bunch of green leaf lettuce, cut or torn into bite size salad bits.
- It’s of Fajita topping.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 large of yellow sweet onion, cut into strips.
- You need 1 of anaheim or poblano pepper, cut into strips..
- Prepare 3 of assorted bell peppers (red, green and yellow for example), cut into strips.
- It’s of Chicken marinade.
- It’s 1 of Serrano or Jalapeno pepper, minced.
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts, cut into thin strips.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
My Chicken Fajita Salad has all kinds of tasty ingredients including, grilled marinated fajita chicken, red onions, bell pepper, avocados and is topped with a fabulous honey lime salad dressing. Grilled Chili Lime Chicken Fajita Salad is delicious, with marinated chicken, peppers, onions, black beans, avocado and lettuce, and a chili lime dressing! Well, I sure do, so I was excited to try a new recipe for Grilled Chili & Lime Chicken Fajita Salad! In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lime juice, brown sugar, chili, and salt, stirring until evenly mixed.
Fajita Lime Chicken Salad instructions
- Combine everything in Chicken Marinade section in a plastics zip lock bag or bowl and mix thoroughly. Add more oil if needed. Let sit for at least an hour, the longer it sits the more seasonings the chicken will absorb..
- Combine everything in the Salad section in a large bowl and toss so it is thoroughly mixed together..
- Cut up peppers and onions, set aside..
- Put a small amount of oil in a skillet and warm to medium high. Add chicken letting as much seasoning and oil get into the skillet as possible. Cook until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from skillet and set aside..
- Add onions to skillet and cook until clear and caramelized..
- Add peppers to skillet and cook until soft. Turn the skillet let heat to high and mix chicken in with peppers. Stir every few seconds to blacken bits and pieces of the mixture..
- When little blacked bits of meat and veggies are visible over about 30% of the mixture remove from heat and place over the bed of lettuce..
- Add lime salad dressing to taste. Optional, add avocado or guacamole..
In a large bowl, toss the romaine lettuce with the chicken, peppers & onions, avocado, and dressing. For the salad: Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle a third of the fajita mix over one side of the chicken breasts. Chicken Fajita Salad is a delicious way to enjoy Chicken Fajitas! A crisp green salad topped with grilled chicken, peppers and onions is brought together with a simple flavorful vinaigrette!