Paleo Chicken Fajitas with Guacamole. In a medium bowl, combine garlic, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and sea salt (if desired). Toss chicken in mixture until fully coated and set aside. Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
Just before chicken is done, add red peppers, lemon and lime juice. Remove the vegetables from the skillet, and add the chicken. Enjoy the vegetables and chicken, topped with the fresh guacamole, a squeeze of lime juice, and the remaining cilantro. You can cook Paleo Chicken Fajitas with Guacamole using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Paleo Chicken Fajitas with Guacamole
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 lb of boneless, skinless, chicken breast, sliced into strips..
- You need 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of sea salt (optional).
- You need 1/2 of red onion, sliced.
- It’s 2 of red bell peppers, sliced.
- You need 1 of lemons worth of juice.
- Prepare 1 of limes worth of juice.
- You need 2 head of butter lettuce, root removed, washed and dried.
- You need 1 of paleo guacamole.
- Prepare 1 small of jar salsa (or substitute fresh chopped tomatoes, cilantro and garlic).
Prepare a large baking sheet by placing a metal cooling rack on the tray and spraying with avocado or coconut oil. Combine chicken, peppers, onion, oil, seasoning, and lime juice together in a large bowl. Place a stainless steel wire rack in a rimmed baking sheet and set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the avocado oil, lime juice, minced garlic, kosher salt, chili powder, and cumin.
Paleo Chicken Fajitas with Guacamole step by step
- In medium bowl, combine garlic, cumin, oregano, chili powder, sea salt. Toss chicken in mixture until fully coated and set aside..
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add coconut oil..
- Saute onion for three minutes. Add chicken and continue to cook until chicken is almost fully cooked (about 10-15 minutes), stirring often..
- Just before chicken is done, add red peppers, lemon and lime juice. Stir and cook for 3 minutes..
- Serve over lettuce and top with guacamole and salsa..
- source: http://www.paleoplan.com/2010/02-23/chicken-fajitas-with-guacamole/.
Add the chicken thigh strips to the marinade. In a large ziptop bag or large bowl, combine the chicken, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, sea salt, paprika, ground coriander, and black pepper. Toss well to combine and coat the chicken in the spice mixture. This can be done ahead of time and refrigerated for up to a few hours or you can cook it right away. Sprinkle the minced garlic over it and then spread out the chicken over the vegetables.