Taisen's Leftover Turkey Soup. Download a free audiobook from Audible. Fill Your Cart With Color today! Great recipe for Taisen's Leftover Turkey Soup.
I have found this to be one of the better uses for my leftover turkey and gravy as my kids don't do turkey. If you still have meat on the turkey , pull it off and put it into your crock pot. I pull the meat off the legs to go in but you can leave it on the bone and toss in. You can cook Taisen's Leftover Turkey Soup using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Taisen's Leftover Turkey Soup
- Prepare 1 of leftover turkey ( you can add in the legs with bones or pull the meat off like I do ).
- Prepare 2 of cans green beans.
- You need 2 of cans carrots ( I used fresh carrots this time ).
- Prepare 2 of cans of peas.
- It’s 1 of you can change any vegetable you want. you can add corn , lima beans . anything you like.
- It’s 2 of to 3 large potatoes ( peeled and cut up ).
- Prepare 1 of bag of noodles ( any kind ).
- You need 1 of vegetable stock or turkey stock ( I use one box of vegetable stock , about 16 ounces , sometimes more. you can also use the bullion cubes and make your own ).
- Prepare 1 of left over turkey gravy ( my recipe for mine will follow after this and I will add it here ).
- It’s 1 of medium diced onion.
- It’s 1 of salt to your taste.
- You need 1 of pepper to your taste.
- Prepare 2 of to 5 teaspoons of garlic powder ( to your taste, you can add more or use 1 to 2 cloves minced ).
- Prepare 1 of a few pinches of sage ( you can use basil or thyme as well ).
Pour in turkey or vegetable stock. Enough to cover the meat and vegetables. Turn crock pot on to medium. This homemade paleo turkey soup is one of our favorite go-to recipes for Thanksgiving leftovers.
Taisen's Leftover Turkey Soup instructions
- If you still have meat on the turkey , pull it off and put it into your crock pot. I already had mine off and into a dish that was in my fridge along with 2 legs. I pull the meat off the legs to go in but you can leave it on the bone and toss in..
- Pour in turkey or vegetable stock. Enough to cover the meat and vegetables. Turn crock pot on to medium heat. High heat if you want it faster. I let this sit on medium for 4 hours then go to low for another hour or two.
- Add in all of your vegetables, onion and potatoes..
- Add in your seasonings. Stir..
- Add in your leftover turkey gravy. Stir. As you can see, there are clumps because I didn't warm it up which is fine, just mix it in well and as it warms up it will blend well https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/361137-taisens-turkey-gravy.
- Cover the crock pot with lid. Cook for 4 to 8 hours depending on settings and how long you want it sitting. Stir every so often and check fluid level. Make sure everything is covered in liquid. I ended up transferring the soup to a large pot because my crock pot didn't have enough room ..
- 30 to 40 minutes before serving, cook your pasta noodles. Drain them and add into the crock pot. Mix / stir well. Allow it to simmer for about 25 minutes. ( you can add the noodles in and cook them , but every time I try it doesn't turn out so I do it this way ).
- Serve with warm buttered rolls or anything else . Enjoy !.
The broth is made from the turkey carcass, so none of the nutrition in the turkey goes to waste, and is packed with healing minerals and gelatin – great for when you have a winter cold. How to make turkey soup from a carcass: Bones make a rich, flavorful stock; use. How to make turkey soup from a carcass: Bones make a rich, flavorful stock; use the leftover turkey carcass with any leftover turkey meat along with an onion, a few stalks of celery, some garlic, herbs, and anything else you find in your refrigerator and let it simmer on low covered with water for a few. This homemade paleo turkey soup is one of our favorite go. The perfect meal to use up all that leftover turkey from […] Use up Christmas leftovers in our easy turkey soup recipes to make a filling supper.