homemade spice cake and cream cheese frosting. Choose the quality, Italy has never been so close. For those who are looking for quality, care and authenticity of Emilian taste. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers.
Stir together milk and sour cream. Beat half of flour mixture into butter mixture until just combined, then stir in sour cream mixture. Mix brown sugar with vegetable oil and applesauce, then mix in eggs and vanilla. You can cook homemade spice cake and cream cheese frosting using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of homemade spice cake and cream cheese frosting
- Prepare of frosting.
- You need 16 oz of cream cheese.
- It’s 1 stick of butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s of cake.
- Prepare 2 cup of All purposes flower.
- It’s 1 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pumpkin spice.
- Prepare 4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 2 pinch of salt.
Mix in two additions of dry ingredients alternating with buttermilk. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, and cloves into a medium sized bowl; set aside. Gradually mix in the confectioners' sugar, vanilla, and milk until the mixture is spreadable. Make the frosting: In a large bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese and butter together on high speed until smooth and creamy.
homemade spice cake and cream cheese frosting instructions
- preheat oven to 350.
- mix all ingredients to the cake in one bowl.
- bake for 45 minutes or till golden brown.
- in a separate bowl mix together softened butter and cream cheese.
- add liquid ingredients.
- add a cup of sugar at a time and mix.
- after cake is cooled apply frosting.
Keep refrigerated until ready to spread on the cake. Refrigerate the cake in a sealed container. This spice cake with cream cheese frosting is made from a classic vanilla cake made with brown sugar and warm spices, and layered with a white chocolate cream cheese frosting. First, you make the spice cake, and then, as it cools, you make the cream cheese frosting. To make the spice cake Make sure the eggs are at room temperature, and the butter is softened, but not completely melted.