Garlicky Chicken Fried Steak. Ruime keuze in diverse soorten Steak. Losse stukken vlees of hele pakketten. We leveren hoge kwaliteit vers vlees tegen een scherpe prijs.
The addition of garlic and cayenne, and the breadcrumbs add an updated approach to this classic American dish. Instructions to make Garlicky Chicken Fried Steak: In a large bowl,whisk the egg with the crushed garlic. Add the pieces of cubed steak, which have been cut in to desired portions. You can have Garlicky Chicken Fried Steak using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Garlicky Chicken Fried Steak
- You need 2 large of cloves garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 1 large of egg.
- You need 1 33/100 lb of beef cubed steak, portioned.
- You need 1/4 cup of plain dry breadcrumbs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 3/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 2 dash of cayenne peppr.
- You need 33/100 cup of cooking oil, for frying steaks.
- It’s of For the Gravy.
- You need 3 1/2 tbsp of reserved oil from frying.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 cup of warmed milk, do in microwave.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 dash of cayenne pepper.
In the mid west, Chicken Fried Steak was a salt and pepper thing,.period! The addition of garlic and a bit of cayenne really perks of the old standard. Using fresh garlic in the egg wash allows the meat to soak up all the goodness of the garlic. Cooking the garlic makes it mild, yet still a forward flavor.
Garlicky Chicken Fried Steak step by step
- In a large bowl,whisk the egg with the crushed garlic. Add the pieces of cubed steak, which have been cut in to desired portions. I like 2 smaller pieces per person, as opposed to 1 larger piece. Coat both sides of the meat with the egg wash. Make sure that the garlic gets evenly distributed. Let soak for 5-10 minutes..
- While the meat is absorbing the egg wash, mix the breadcrumbs, flour, salt, and pepper(s) in a separate bowl..
- Dip the egg washed meat, one piece at a time, in the seasoned flour/breadcrumb mixture. Coat both sides of meat. Place on a tray that is lined with waxed paper. Repeat, until all the pieces are well coated with the breading. Dump any excess breading on top of all the pieces of meat on the tray. Turn meat to coat with some of the extra breading..
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over med/hi heat until a smoking point is almost reached. The oil should be hot..
- Fry the steaks for 8-9 minutes, turning a few times. Fry in 2 batches, if your pan is not big enough to fry all the meat at once. Keep cooked steaks warmed on a platter in a 225°F oven, while you prepare the gravy..
- For the gravy, use the same pan that you fried the steaks in, reserving 3 1/2 Tbsp of the oil/drippings. Add the flour and whisk over med/hi heat until lightly browned. Add the milk and stir constantly until a full boil is reached. Reduce the heat and add seasonings, Stir well and cook a couple more minutes until well thickened..
- Serve steaks with mashed or boiled potatoes, spooning some gravy on top. Add your favorite vegetable on the side. I prefer broccoli with this..
Here is how you cook it. Place fried steaks on a plate with paper towels to drain. Remove the meat to a paper towel-lined plate and keep them warm by covering lightly with. Remove the steaks from the refrigerator and season each one with salt and pepper. While it heats, bread the steaks: Dip one steak at a time into the flour mixture.