Easy Chocolate Cake. For the cake, place all of the cake ingredients, except the boiling water, into a large mixing bowl. Using a wooden spoon, or electric whisk, beat the mixture until smooth and well combined. This is a great cake for people who hate washing up!
Enjoy as is, with ice cream or cream. Sift in the flour, baking powder and cocoa, then lightly fold into the mixture. Add a little milk until you have a dropping consistency, then divide between the tins. You can have Easy Chocolate Cake using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Chocolate Cake
- You need of plain flour (I used tea cup for all measurements).
- Prepare of cocoa powder.
- You need of caster sugar.
- Prepare of melted butter (slightly cooled).
- It’s of water.
- Prepare of eggs.
- It’s of flat tbsp baking powder.
- It’s of Topping (optional).
- It’s of Few blocks of chocolate bar.
- You need of butter.
- It’s of Sieved icing sugar.
Put all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Add eggs, vanilla extract and milk, mix well. Our really easy chocolate cake recipe is perfect for birthdays. For buttercream quantities, instead of ganache, use our cake calculator.
Easy Chocolate Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Put together all dry ingredients in a big mixing bowl (flour, cocoa powder, sugar and baking powder), put 3 eggs and start mixing..
- Pour melted butter and water and keep mixing. Pour it to ready greased cake tin, you can use baking paper for the base which makes it easier..
- Bake it for 40 minutes. Closer to the time, start melting chocolate bar and butter. Use microwave if you prefer ! When it’s done, pour the chocolate topping on top and leave it to cool down. Sieve the icing sugar on top ! Enjoy :).
A classic chocolate cake sandwiched together with a soured-cream chocolate frosting. It looks and tastes great, but is surprisingly easy to make. In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until pale. Add all the remaining sponge ingredients and beat together until well combined. This article contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a small amount of money if a reader clicks through and makes a purchase.