"Ropa vieja" Cuban recipe. Browse new releases, best sellers or classics. Pour in the beef broth and tomato sauce, then add the onion, bell pepper, garlic,. Remove beef to a plate and set stew over medium heat.
The name describes the shreds of meat and vegetables which resemble colorful strips of rags. Instructions Pat the beef dry and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat a little oil in a Dutch oven over high heat. You can cook "Ropa vieja" Cuban recipe using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of "Ropa vieja" Cuban recipe
- Prepare 2 lb of beef flank steak (pre-cooked in the stew or soup).
- It’s 3 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 of onion, sliced.
- You need 1 of green belt pepper, seeded and slice into strips.
- Prepare 1 can of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of bay leave.
- It’s 1 cup of white dry wine.
Once very hot add the beef and brown generously on all sides. Pat the flank steak completely dry with a paper towel. Cut in half or thirds (across the grain) if needed to fit into. Heat the olive oil in a medium Dutch oven or a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
"Ropa vieja" Cuban recipe step by step
- Separate the meat into thin shreads or strands.
- Crush the garlic cloves and saute in the hot oil with the onion..
- add the green pepper and saute a little bit together..
- Add the rest of the ingredients and let it cooked in slow temperature, stirring ocasionally. for about 15 or 20 minutes..
- To serve with white rice and a good fresh salad..
Remove meat from heat and reserve broth. Once meat has cooled down, shred and reserve. Place the steak into a large stockpot and add water to cover the steak completely. Add the quartered onion, smashed garlic, chopped celery, and salt. The authentic ropa vieja recipe to the Cuban style, it is a simple and a very nice dish, although the majority of the time use to prepare this delicious dish, is in the process of flaking the meat.