Meat loaf – Heirloom recipe. Browse new releases, best sellers or classics. Free delivery on eligible orders Check Out Recipes Meatloaf On eBay. With this foolproof recipe from the Betty Crocker Cookbook, it's simple and fun to do.
One loaf can be frozen to be baked at a later date. For the meatloaf, heat the oil in a sauté pan and add the onion, celery and carrot. Fry until the onion is translucent and all the vegetables are softened. You can have Meat loaf – Heirloom recipe using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Meat loaf – Heirloom recipe
- Prepare 1 packages of ground meat loaf mixture of beef, pork and veal – prepackaged is over 1 lb..
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 2 slice of whole wheat bread.
- You need 1/4 cup of seasoned bread crumbs.
- You need 1/4 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of parsley & marjoram.
- Prepare 1 of BBQ or tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 of milk.
Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly – it s best to use your hands here. From pork to venison, take a look at our best-rated meatloaf recipes. This great-value supper is delicious served with jacket potatoes, green beans and gravy. A loaf made entirely of meat.
Meat loaf – Heirloom recipe step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Take a 9" x 9" x 2" baking dish and add a drop of oil. Spread it around so it's a light coating. This prevents the meat from sticking to the bottom..
- In a large bowl add meat loaf blend..
- Wet bread with a little water and squeeze to remove excess water, break up and add to meat. If there's too much water, the bread will be too mushy to work with. Next add egg, herbs and seasoned bread crumbs..
- Mix very well to incorporate all ingredients. The mixture will be stiff. Add milk a splash at a time mixing well after each addition until the meat mixture feels soft and pliable..
- Form meat into a giant burger, place in pan and push in 2 opposite sides to form a flat loaf. As it bakes it will rise a bit..
- Spread a light coating of sweet BBQ sauce over top and sides. Here is where I broke with family tradition instead of using a rich rustico Italian sauce. However, you can use a tomato sauce for an Italian style meat loaf..
- Depending upon how much meat is in the package gives you your timetable for baking. The one pictured here was a 1.36 lb. meat loaf mixture. This one I baked for 68 minutes. The rule is about 1 hour per pound. I've always taken it out 5 minutes prior and let the meat rest for 5 minutes or so before slicing..
- Hint about meat thermometers. Meat loaf holds in moisture. Once you stick a thermometer in to check the temp then pull it out. All those lovely juices will come out too..
What's not to love? (Vegetarians are excused 😉) It's economical. If you think that Meatloaf is really just a giant beef burger shaped like a loaf, it's time to abandon that misconception! Meatloaf shouldn't taste like a hamburger. To finish, pick the rosemary leaves into a bowl. Remove the meatloaf from the oven and pour all the fat from the pan over the rosemary, mixing well.