Simple Chocolate Cake. Enjoy your local restaurant favorites from the comfort of your own home. The food you want, when you want it. For the cake, place all of the cake ingredients, except the boiling water, into a large mixing bowl.
Turn out on to a wire rack and leave to cool. Sift in the flour, baking powder and cocoa, then lightly fold into the mixture. Add a little milk until you have a dropping consistency, then divide between the tins. You can cook Simple Chocolate Cake using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple Chocolate Cake
- Prepare 1 cup of self-raising flour.
- You need 3 tbs of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 250 g of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of caster sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- It’s 2 of egg.
- It’s of Icing.
- It’s 2 tsp of butter softened.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cocoa powder sifted.
- It’s 1 cup of icing sugar sifted.
This is a great cake for people who hate washing up! Everything is mixed in the baking tin and baked. The cake is chocolately, moist and packed full of chocolate chips. Enjoy as is, with ice cream or cream.
Simple Chocolate Cake instructions
- In a bowl, combine flour, cocoa, sugar, vanilla essence and melted butter..
- Add eggs and mix together for 1 minute..
- Pour into a lined cake tin and bake for 25 – 35 minutes at 160C..
- If the cake springs back it's cooked. Do not overcook..
- Icing: Mix together icing sugar, cocoa, milk and butter..
- Ice cake once it has cooled..
Indulge yourself with this ultimate chocolate cake recipe that is beautifully moist, rich and fudgy. Sophisticated and intensely chocolatey with a hit of juicy raisins and crunchy biscuit pieces, serve this decadent chocolate fridge cake as a. Our really easy chocolate cake recipe is perfect for birthdays. For buttercream quantities, instead of ganache, use our cake calculator. Put all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.