Shrimp and mushroom pasta with a basil white wine cream sauce. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Enhance Your Meal or Weekend With a Glass of Tried & Trusted Wine From Majestic Wine™.
Add pealed shrimp and cook til pink/curled up Remove the shrimp and add white wine, chicken broth, heavy cream and basil. Add chicken broth and raw shrimp and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low then add cream cheese chunks and stir until completely melted. You can have Shrimp and mushroom pasta with a basil white wine cream sauce using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shrimp and mushroom pasta with a basil white wine cream sauce
- It’s 2 lbs of peeled shrimp raw.
- Prepare 1/2 c of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 of onion chopped.
- It’s 4-5 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 1 tsp of adobo seasoning.
- Prepare of Salt & pepper to taste (hold off on salt til the end cause wine, broth, and adobo are salty).
- It’s 1 lbs of protein pasta.
- It’s 1 pack of mushrooms chopped.
- Prepare 1 (8 oz) of pack of low fat cream cheese chopped up.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy or light cream.
- Prepare 2 cups of white wine.
- You need 1 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of flour to thicken sauce.
- It’s 2 of large sprigs of basil leaves minced.
- You need of Parmesan cheese to serve.
Continue to heat until sauce is hot and shrimp is just cooked through. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and add the pasta to the sauce along with the shrimp and mushrooms and toss well. Garnish with basil and more parmesan and serve.
Shrimp and mushroom pasta with a basil white wine cream sauce step by step
- Boil the pasta according to directions. The last 2 min add the mushrooms to boil. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pot add oil, onion, and garlic and cook til soft. Add pealed shrimp and cook til pink/curled up.
- Remove the shrimp and add white wine, chicken broth, heavy cream and basil. Bring to a simmer for 5 min.
- Add the cream cheese and melt completely. Once melted quickly stir in flour to thicken. Taste for salt before adding shrimp and pasta & mushrooms back to pot..
- Serve with Parmesan cheese on top. Enjoy!.
To the skillet with cooked shrimp and the mushrooms, add half-and-half, cheeses, more spices while the sauce simmers. Add garlic, shrimp, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp is pink and cooked through. DIRECTIONS Toss the shrimp with lemon juice. Heat the butter and oil in a large saute pan over medium heat and add the mushrooms.