Chicken Tortilla Soup. Add the cubed chicken and diced tomatoes, juice and all. Add the chicken broth, hot water and tomato paste. Stir to combine and bring the mixture to a boil.
This chicken tortilla soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling, plus it freezes well. Garnish with avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, or green onion! Bring a bit of the Southwest to your table with this spirit-warming soup. You can cook Chicken Tortilla Soup using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Tortilla Soup
- You need 4 cups of diced chicken.
- You need 1 cup of uncooked rice (I use Uncle Ben's).
- It’s 2 (48 oz) of reduced sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 (4.5 oz) of chopped green chilies.
- Prepare 1 (14.5 oz) of can stewed tomatoes.
- You need of (blended).
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded carrots.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of corn drain juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of celery salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground coriander.
- You need 1/4 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 of diced sweet onion.
- It’s 1 bunch of cilantro.
- Prepare 4-5 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1/4 stick of butter.
- You need of White cheese shredded.
- You need Strips of Texas Toast Tortilla.
- You need 1 of avocado sliced.
- Prepare to taste of salt, pepper, garlic powder.
Loaded with tender chicken, diced tomatoes, and plenty of seasonings, it's sure to be requested again and again. How do I thicken chicken tortilla soup? If your soup is looking a little thin, thicken it with cornstarch. You'll want to make a slurry by combining a tablespoon of cornstarch with an equal amount of water in a small bowl.
Chicken Tortilla Soup step by step
- Boil 4 chicken breast, cool and dice or if in a hurry buy a rotisserie chicken and debone 4 cups..
- In a large soup pot on medium high, saute' the diced onions, and garlic in the butter..
- Add 4 cups of the chicken broth and 1 cup of uncooked rice. Bring to a boil, then simmer on low for 20 minutes..
- Add the diced chicken, green chilies, blended tomatoes, 6 cups of chicken brooth, diced cilantro. Add all seasonings. Simmer 10 to 20 minutes. Add extra chicken broth if needed..
- In a large soup cup place some of the tortilla strips, and cheese then add the soup with 1 to 2 slices of avocado. Enjoy!!.
Whisk the mixture until a smooth paste forms. Add onions, red pepper, green pepper, and minced garlic. Stir and begin cooking, then add the rest of the spice mix. Stir to combine, then add shredded chicken and stir. How to make chicken tortilla soup Begin by heating the oil and butter in a large soup pot over medium heat.