Chicken Tortilla Soup. Save time and buy groceries online from Amazon.co.uk Check Out Tortilla Soup On eBay. Add the cubed chicken and diced tomatoes, juice and all. Add the chicken broth, hot water and tomato paste.
Once the onions have softened add the garlic and jalepenos and cook for another minute. This chicken tortilla soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling, plus it freezes well. Garnish with avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, or green onion! You can cook Chicken Tortilla Soup using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Prepare 1 lb of diced chicken thigh.
- It’s 20-25 oz of chicken broth.
- You need 1 cans of diced tomatoes w/ green chilis.
- You need 1 can of black beans.
- It’s 1 can of pinto beans.
- It’s 1 can of corn.
- You need 1/2 of large red onion.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/2 of red pepper.
- It’s 1/2 of green pepper.
Bring a bit of the Southwest to your table with this spirit-warming soup. Loaded with tender chicken, diced tomatoes, and plenty of seasonings, it's sure to be requested again and again. How do I thicken chicken tortilla soup? If your soup is looking a little thin, thicken it with cornstarch.
Chicken Tortilla Soup instructions
- Precook chicken on grill or skillet seasoned with seasoning of choice, and then dice to preferred size..
- Combine all ingredients into crock pot and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours on low heat, or 3-4 hours on high heat..
- Add soup into a bowl, and then top with tortilla chips, cheddar cheese, and cilantro (hot sauce is optional, but highly recommended)..
You'll want to make a slurry by combining a tablespoon of cornstarch with an equal amount of water in a small bowl. Whisk the mixture until a smooth paste forms. Add onions, red pepper, green pepper, and minced garlic. Stir and begin cooking, then add the rest of the spice mix. Stir to combine, then add shredded chicken and stir.