Easy Sweet Potato Bites. Hundreds Of Different Retro Hampers & Gifts To Choose From. From Gourmet Food Hampers To Retro Sweet Hampers, Order Your Perfect Hamper Today! All The Supplies, Food, Toys And Accessories You Need To Keep Your Pet Happy.
Brush melted butter or coconut oil onto both sides of the sweet potato slices and place them on the lined baking pan. Sprinkle cinnamon and brown sugar over each slice of sweet potato. How to Make Sweet Potato Bites. You can have Easy Sweet Potato Bites using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Sweet Potato Bites
- It’s 500 grams of Sweet potatoes.
- It’s 60 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 50 grams of Margarine.
- It’s 50 grams of Honey.
- You need 25 grams of Fresh cream (or milk).
- It’s 2 of Egg yolks.
- You need 1 tsp of Mirin.
Prepare your toppings. (Mashed avocado and sliced tomato for the savory version, or goat cheese, pears, and honey for the savory version) Top. Line a baking/cooking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick spray and set aside. Combine all seasonings into a small bowl and the sweet potato into a medium mixing bowl.
Easy Sweet Potato Bites instructions
- Peel and cut the potatoes into chunks of a uniform size and soak in water to remove any bitterness..
- Put in a ziplock bag or any other kind of microwaveable bag and put the potatoes in the microwave. Leave the bag unsealed and warm the potatoes – they should soften in about 4- 5 minutes..
- Squeeze out any excess air and seal the bag. Crush the potatoes with a rolling pin whilst they are still warm..
- When the potatoes are cool to the touch, add the sugar and margarine into the bag, close it up and rub the margarine into the sugar..
- To finish crushing the potatoes, either roll over the bag with a rolling pin or mash with your fingers. Mash to whatever consistency you want..
- Add the egg yolk. I wanted to save some for glazing, so I beat it first in a separate container. If you don't want a glaze, just add it straight to the bag..
- If you are going to glaze your snacks, save about 2 – 3 teaspoons of egg yolk and mix with a little mirin..
- Once the egg yolk has mixed in with the other ingredients in the bag, add the cream and mix well again..
- To avoid dirtied hands, fill the cups by snipping off a corner of the vinyl bag and piping the mixture in..
- Here, after piping in the mixture I flattened half of the snacks down with a knife and made half into ball shapes..
- Coat with the glaze if you are using one and bake in an oven preheated to 180°C for 20 minujtes to finish..
Roasted sweet potato bites seasoned with rosemary and thyme are a nice substitute for hash browns or a perfect side dish on Thanksgiving or Christmas. On a large baking sheet, toss sweet potatoes with melted butter and maple syrup and arrange in an even layer. Smash the sweet potato and banana together in a small bowl. Add the peanut butter, eggs and cinnamon & mix well. Stir in any additional mix-ins and spoon into greased mini muffin tins.