Bread Pudding Recipe + Creamy sauce. It's fantastic as a bread pudding sauce, tastes incredible drizzled over fresh fruit, or paired with any baked good. This is also known as creme anglaise, vanilla custard sauce, bread pudding sauce, or vanilla cream sauce. You can see there are a lot of uses for this versatile sauce.
Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture. Lightly spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Make the bread pudding:place cubed bread in a large bowl; set aside. You can have Bread Pudding Recipe + Creamy sauce using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bread Pudding Recipe + Creamy sauce
- It’s of For bread pudding.
- Prepare 15 oz of brioche bread, stale/about 4 days old.
- You need 2 of and 1/2 cups whole milk.
- You need 4 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 3 of large eggs.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s of For creamy sauce.
- Prepare 2 cups of whole milk, warm.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brandy/rum, optional.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
In another bowl, mix together sugar, eggs, milk, stout, vanilla and melted butter. How to make bread pudding: To make this easy bread pudding recipe, first combine the egg, sugar, cream, and vanilla in a large bowl. Add half of the mixture to the bottom of your baking dish. Sprinkle a handful of fresh or frozen berries on top.
Bread Pudding Recipe + Creamy sauce instructions
- For the pudding: Grease an 8×8 baking/casserole dish with butter..
- Cut the bread into small cubes and add to the baking dish..
- In a small pot over medium heat, add in the milk, sugar, butter and salt and stir occasionally until well combined and scalded. When done, set it aside to cool slightly..
- Once cooled down, add in the vanilla and eggs, one at a time, whisking continuously to form a custard..
- Pour this custard all over the surface of the bread, try to avoid any dry spots. Set aside to soak for about 40 minutes..
- After, bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees fahrenheit on the center rack for about 40 minutes. The pudding is done when a fork inserted comes out clean..
- To make the sauce, in a small pot over medium low heat, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour and cook for about a minute, don't stop whisking..
- After, add in the warm milk, a bit at a time, after add in the sugar and salt and continue whisking until the sugar dissolves and everything is well incorporated and the sauce thickens..
- Then, take it off the heat and stir in either the brandy/rum or vanilla extract, whichever is preferred..
- The sauce is ready, now pour it over the bread pudding warm.(This sauce can be made in advance and reheated on the stove.) Serve and enjoy!.
It's rich and lightly spiced—the perfect recipe to try if you're new to this dessert or are looking for a classic rendition of bread pudding. Press all the cloves into the whole peeled onion and place in a saucepan. Add the bay leaf, peppercorns and milk. Bring to the boil then remove from the heat. Our traditional bread sauce recipe is the perfect creamy accompaniment to your roast dinner.