Chicken Tortilla Soup. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Check Out Tortilla Soup On eBay.
Garnish with avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, or green onion! In a large saucepan heat the vegetable oil. Once the onions have softened add the garlic and jalepenos and cook for another minute. You can cook Chicken Tortilla Soup using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Tortilla Soup
- It’s of Small onion chopped.
- It’s 2 of celery stalks chopped.
- You need of Avocados.
- It’s of Corn tortillas.
- You need 1 of large can of Whole peeled tomatoes (canned or fresh).
- Prepare of Monterey Jack Cheese.
- Prepare of Chicken stock.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need of All purpose seasoning.
- Prepare of Cilantro.
- It’s of Cumin.
In a large saucepan, heat remaining oil. Mix cumin, chili pepper, garlic powder, and salt. Place chicken breasts on a baking sheet. How to make chicken tortilla soup Begin by heating the oil and butter in a large soup pot over medium heat.
Chicken Tortilla Soup step by step
- Cut the corn tortillas into strips and lightly (1-2 tbsp of oil) fry them on a pan or put them in the oven, making sure you flip them over until a golden crisp. Congratulations you've just made tortilla chips!.
- Cook onion until translucent, add the chicken and cook until done. Add the whole peeled tomatoes and chicken stock (I use 2 cartons of chicken stock and that feeds a family of four adults and two kids with some leftover). Add the salt, pepper and all purpose seasoning. Let it simmer to a low boil. Add the chopped up cilantro to the last 2-3 minutes of simmering time..
- In your soup bowl, layer with a few strips of tortilla, a couple pieces of avocado, a sprinkle of cheese. Pour soup into your bowl and top with remaining avocados, cheese and a couple of tortilla strips (it can be done with 1/2 of an avocado and a serving size of the blue container for the cheese). You can add a teeny tiny drop of sour cream or plain Greek yogurt. Enjoy!.
Add the onions, garlic, and green pepper. Chicken Tortilla Soup This is truly the best chicken tortilla soup! This classic Mexican soup with chicken and tomatoes is topped with crispy fried tortillas, avocado, Jack cheese, cilantro, and lime. Instructions Heat ¼ cup olive oil over medium-high heat a small pan. Add tortilla strips in small batches and fry until crisp.