Chicken Tortilla Soup. Add the cubed chicken and diced tomatoes, juice and all. Add the chicken broth, hot water and tomato paste. Stir to combine and bring the mixture to a boil.
This chicken tortilla soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling, plus it freezes well. Garnish with avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, or green onion! Bring a bit of the Southwest to your table with this spirit-warming soup. You can have Chicken Tortilla Soup using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Tortilla Soup
- You need 1 of large yellow or white onion chopped.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 of carrot diced.
- Prepare 1 of Poblano pepper diced.
- You need 5 of corn tortillas cut into 1 inch pieces.
- It’s 3/4 cup of frozen corn.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes 14.5 oz. can.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped fresh cilantro.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt or to taste.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil or veg oil.
- You need 4 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare of chicken ingredients.
- It’s 6 of chicken tenders.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil or veg oil.
Loaded with tender chicken, diced tomatoes, and plenty of seasonings, it's sure to be requested again and again. How do I thicken chicken tortilla soup? If your soup is looking a little thin, thicken it with cornstarch. You'll want to make a slurry by combining a tablespoon of cornstarch with an equal amount of water in a small bowl.
Chicken Tortilla Soup instructions
- For the chicken tenders, add all ingredients under chicken ingredients to a zip lock bag and marinade for 20 min minimum..
- Saute chicken in sautee pan on medium high heat. No need to add oil, there is plenty in the marinade. About 4 min the first side and about 3 min the second until golden brown. Let rest for a couple minutes before slicing and dicing to serve over soup as the topping..
- For the soup….Sautee in oil the carrots, poblano pepper and onion on medium high heat about 7 to 10 minutes til translucent..
- When translucent add garlic, stir and cook for 30 seconds..
- Add tomatoe paste and stir until incorporated into veggies. Add salt, pepper and cumin. Stir..
- Add cilantro, chicken stock, diced tomatoes, corn and tortillas. Stir and turn to low medium heat. Cook for 20 min..
- Turn off stove, using a hand blender, blend until desired consistency. I do it half way so there is texture. If you choose a creamier and smoother texture then keep going. You can also use a stand blender mixing in batches..
- You can choose to top with ingriendents such as sour cream, avocado, chopped cilantro, lime or shredded cheese and of course your chicken! For extra texture garnish with crushed tortilla chips..
Whisk the mixture until a smooth paste forms. Add onions, red pepper, green pepper, and minced garlic. Stir and begin cooking, then add the rest of the spice mix. Stir to combine, then add shredded chicken and stir. How to make chicken tortilla soup Begin by heating the oil and butter in a large soup pot over medium heat.