Chicken tortilla soup. Add the cubed chicken and diced tomatoes, juice and all. Add the chicken broth, hot water and tomato paste. Stir to combine and bring the mixture to a boil.
In a large saucepan heat the vegetable oil. Once the onions have softened add the garlic and jalepenos and cook for another minute. Bring a bit of the Southwest to your table with this spirit-warming soup. You can cook Chicken tortilla soup using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken tortilla soup
- Prepare 2 can of chicken.
- It’s 2 can of tomato w chiles.
- It’s 1 of chopped onion.
- Prepare 4 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 can of black beans.
- You need of cumin and chili powder.
- It’s 3 of large garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 can of corn.
- You need 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- You need of tortilla chips.
- Prepare 1 can of red enchilada sauce.
Loaded with tender chicken, diced tomatoes, and plenty of seasonings, it's sure to be requested again and again. How do I thicken chicken tortilla soup? If your soup is looking a little thin, thicken it with cornstarch. You'll want to make a slurry by combining a tablespoon of cornstarch with an equal amount of water in a small bowl.
Chicken tortilla soup instructions
- Place all but tortilla chips and sour cream in crock pot.
- Cook 4-5 hours high 6-8 on low.
- When done place tortilla chips and sour cream on top.
- Best served with a side of warm corn bread :).
Whisk the mixture until a smooth paste forms. Add onions, red pepper, green pepper, and minced garlic. Stir and begin cooking, then add the rest of the spice mix. Stir to combine, then add shredded chicken and stir. How to make chicken tortilla soup Begin by heating the oil and butter in a large soup pot over medium heat.