Spicy Green Beans. Garden At Home With Sarah Raven, Wide Range of Products Available Online Supplements that will help you reach your goal. Free delivery on eligible orders INSTRUCTIONS In a large, deep skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the green beans, salt and pepper.
Add the red pepper flakes and some salt and toss. Combine green beans and water in a skillet over medium-high heat. Instructions In a large sauté pan or cast iron skillet over high heat, add oil and green beans. You can cook Spicy Green Beans using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Green Beans
- It’s 1 pound of green beans trimmed.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of sesame oil or oil of your choice (coconut or canola or olive oil).
- You need 2 teaspoons of chili garlic paste.
- You need 2 of green onions thinly sliced – white parts only.
- You need 1-3 tablespoons of garlic thinly sliced. Depending on preference.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red chilli peppers.
- You need of Optional: If you don’t like it too spicy then add a tablespoon of oyster sauce 2 tablespoons fish sauce and put less water in.
- You need of Optional: You could add shrimp or tofu but add shrimp in the last few minutes and tofu should be firm or med firm and fried up in garlic and oil in separate pan and then added when you add the sauce.
While the beans are cooking, combine garlic, ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce, sambal oelek, and maple syrup in a small bowl. When oil feels hot, add green beans and toss well. Remove cover and stir well – green beans start to soften. In the meantime, whisk together corn starch or rice flour, liquid coconut amino, chili sauce, raw sugar and black pepper to make a tangy sauce.
Spicy Green Beans instructions
- To a wok add the oil of your choice and heat on medium-high heat. I love smell sesame oil so that is my preference..
- Add the green beans and stir fry them for 3-5 minutes or until they start to shrivel up a bit..
- Add in the garlic (if you like garlic than add lots rather than 1 tablespoon), green onions, chili-garlic paste and stir to combine..
- Cook the garlic mixture for 30 seconds to a minute then add in the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, water and chili flakes..
- Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until most of the liquids are completely cooked off..
- Garnish with sesame seeds if desired..
To a wok add the canola oil and heat on medium-high heat. Add in the garlic, green onions, chili-garlic paste and stir to combine. This spicy chilli is a real favourite in our house. It's simple to make and layered with so many deliciously spicy flavours. Green beans with cooling yoghurt and mint provide the perfect foil to the heat of the chilli.