Chicken tortilla soup. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Check Out Tortilla Soup On eBay.
Stir to combine and bring the mixture to a boil. This chicken tortilla soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling, plus it freezes well. Garnish with avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, or green onion! You can cook Chicken tortilla soup using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken tortilla soup
- It’s 3 of chicken breasts or thighs.
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can of whole kernel corn.
- It’s 1 can of black beans, rinsed.
- It’s 1 box of 32 oz chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 of jalapenos, seeded if you prefer.
- You need 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of white onion, diced.
- You need 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 2 cup of water.
- You need 1 of cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 of lime strips or tortilla chips.
In a large saucepan heat the vegetable oil. Once the onions have softened add the garlic and jalepenos and cook for another minute. Bring a bit of the Southwest to your table with this spirit-warming soup. Loaded with tender chicken, diced tomatoes, and plenty of seasonings, it's sure to be requested again and again.
Chicken tortilla soup instructions
- Mix all ingredients except cheese and tortilla chips into slow cooker. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or 4-6 on high..
- Top with cheese and lime strips. Delish and super easy to make..
How do I thicken chicken tortilla soup? If your soup is looking a little thin, thicken it with cornstarch. You'll want to make a slurry by combining a tablespoon of cornstarch with an equal amount of water in a small bowl. Whisk the mixture until a smooth paste forms. Add onions, red pepper, green pepper, and minced garlic.