White Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sour Cream Sauce. WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS WITH GREEN CHILE SOUR CREAM SAUCE — Chicken, green chilies and cheese, rolled in floured tortillas and smothered in a creamy homemade sauce. My whole family gets excited when these White Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sour Cream Sauce are on the menu! This is probably one of our all-time favorite enchilada recipes.
Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Stir in sour cream, chilies, cilantro, onion powder, and garlic powder, and pepper. You can cook White Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sour Cream Sauce using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of White Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sour Cream Sauce
- It’s 300 grams of chicken.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 3 tbsp of flour.
- You need 2 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 100 grams of diced green chiles.
- You need 1 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 8 of soft flour tortillas.
- Prepare 200 grams of grated cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 of Optional: coriander (cilantro) for garnish.
Roll up in tortillas and place in pan. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook for one minute.
White Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sour Cream Sauce step by step
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C (200°C for fan oven)..
- Chop the chicken into strips or chunks, and mix with half of the cheese in a bowl..
- Evenly distribute the chicken and cheese mix between the 8 tortillas. Roll up and place seam side down in a baking dish..
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over a medium heat. Add the flour; cook and stir for 1 minute..
- Add the chicken stock, stirring until smooth. Continue cooking over a medium heat until the sauce is thick and bubbly..
- Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream and diced green Chile's. Season with salt and pepper..
- Evenly pour the sauce over the enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese..
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown..
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander before serving..
Slowly pour in broth and whisk until smooth, then heat until sauce thickens and begins to bubble. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and chilies. Shredded succulent chicken with a green chile enchilada sauce, encased in crispy tortilla and baked to perfection. Perfect for an easy weeknight meal. These creamy white chicken enchiladas will rock your world!