Chicken tortilla soup. Add the cubed chicken and diced tomatoes, juice and all. Add the chicken broth, hot water and tomato paste. Stir to combine and bring the mixture to a boil.
This chicken tortilla soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling, plus it freezes well. Garnish with avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, or green onion! Bring a bit of the Southwest to your table with this spirit-warming soup. You can have Chicken tortilla soup using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken tortilla soup
- Prepare 2 can of red enchiladas sauce 15 oz.
- Prepare 2 can of corn.
- It’s 1 can of rotel.
- It’s 3 dozen of boneless chicken breast (3lbs).
- It’s 2 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 2 can of chopped green chilis.
- Prepare 1 large of bag of tortilla chips.
- You need 2 cup of cheese.
Loaded with tender chicken, diced tomatoes, and plenty of seasonings, it's sure to be requested again and again. How do I thicken chicken tortilla soup? If your soup is looking a little thin, thicken it with cornstarch. You'll want to make a slurry by combining a tablespoon of cornstarch with an equal amount of water in a small bowl.
Chicken tortilla soup step by step
- Cut chicken into diserable pieces.
- Add all ingredients in crock pot except tortilla chips and cheese.
- Let cook on low for 8 hrs or 6hrs on high.
- Crumble tortilla chips and cheese ontop of your bowls as desired.
Whisk the mixture until a smooth paste forms. Add onions, red pepper, green pepper, and minced garlic. Stir and begin cooking, then add the rest of the spice mix. Stir to combine, then add shredded chicken and stir. Fry tortilla strips until crisp and browned; remove with a slotted spoon.