Homemade eclair cake, inspired by cook's country. Great recipe for Homemade eclair cake, inspired by cook's country. This homemade version of classic eclair pudding cake is well worth the effort! We made an instant dessert classic slightly less instant and considerably more delicious.
This is one of the most simple, easy crowd-pleasing desserts I have ever made. Since then, I have made it numerous times and always get the best compliments. HOW TO MAKE EASY NO-BAKE ECLAIR CAKE: In a medium bowl, mix together the pudding mix, milk and Cool Whip. You can cook Homemade eclair cake, inspired by cook's country using 9 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade eclair cake, inspired by cook's country
- You need of cake.
- You need 1 of vanilla pudding recipe* see in profile.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of unflavored powdered gelatin.
- It’s 2 tbsp of water.
- You need 3 1/2 cup of heavy cream, cold.
- It’s 1 of 14 ounce box of graham crackers.
- You need 1 tbsp of caster sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips, must be dark chocolate.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of vegetable oil.
You may have to break them up a bit to get enough crackers to cover the bottom of your dish. This Easy No-Bake Eclair Cake is not only simple to make but it is absolutely scrumptious. Absolutely no stovetop or oven is needed! This is a great dessert for a crowd.
Homemade eclair cake, inspired by cook's country step by step
- This dessert may seem daunting to prepare but is worth it and honestly easy to make. Time for the steps is the biggest obstacle. Please do give it a try, it is so very worth the effort!.
- Cook pudding as directed in recipe. Chill though for 3 hours. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/355873-homemade-vanilla-pudding.
- Once pudding is chilled, in a small cup add the gelatin and water. Allow to sit for 3-5 minutes..
- Microwave it for 30 seconds. If you don't have a microwave heat in small sauce pan, on high,until bubbly. Scrape out every last bit from pan using this method:-) and cool.
- In mixer using whisk attachment, whisk 2 1/2 cups cream until soft peaks..
- Continue whisking adding in gelatin and whisk until you achieve firm peaks..
- In large bowl, blend 1/3 of whipped cream into pudding. Then carefully fold in remainder to keep as much air as possible that you whisked into cream. Set aside.
- In another sauce pan, heat remaining cream, just bring to a boil being careful not to scorch..
- Remove from heat, add in chips , sugar , oil . whisk to combine well. Set aside.
- TO ASSEMBLE:.
- Use a 9 by 13 baking dish. Line bottom with full sized graham crackers. You may need to break one to cover it completely..
- Top grahams with half of pudding mixture..
- Add a layer of grahams on top of that layer..
- one more layer of pudding and then last layer of grahams..
- Pour chocolate sauce over top graham layer and spread evenly..
- Cover and chill 24 hours! This is truly the most difficult part. It must set up properly for optimal results.
When I got the latest Cook's Country (America's Test Kitchen) mag I saw the recipe for their chocolate eclair cake. I bought the ingredients immediately and couldn't be happier with the results! The blog version used graham crackers, boxed vanilla. DIRECTIONS Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in a large saucepan. Whisk milk in until smooth and bring to a boil, scraping the bottom with a rubber spatula over medium high heat.