Chicken Tortilla Soup. Add the cubed chicken and diced tomatoes, juice and all. Add the chicken broth, hot water and tomato paste. Stir to combine and bring the mixture to a boil.
This chicken tortilla soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling, plus it freezes well. Garnish with avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, or green onion! Bring a bit of the Southwest to your table with this spirit-warming soup. You can have Chicken Tortilla Soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Tortilla Soup
- It’s 3 of chicken breasts, I use either bone in or boneless depending on whats on sale..
- Prepare 3 can of rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies. I do not drain the juice off..
- It’s 1 large of Onion.
- You need 2 tbsp of Minced garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- You need 1 box of Chicken broth.
- You need 2 tbsp of Cummin.
- You need 2 tbsp of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Chili powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Black pepper.
- It’s 2 can of Black Beans, I do not drain them..
- Prepare 2 can of Sweet Corn, I do not drain the juice off..
Loaded with tender chicken, diced tomatoes, and plenty of seasonings, it's sure to be requested again and again. How do I thicken chicken tortilla soup? If your soup is looking a little thin, thicken it with cornstarch. You'll want to make a slurry by combining a tablespoon of cornstarch with an equal amount of water in a small bowl.
Chicken Tortilla Soup step by step
- Cook chicken breast in skillet. Add two tablespoons of water to pan. Season breasts with cummin, salt, and pepper as desired. Turn chicken as need lightly Browning each side until completely cooked. Adding the water will keep your chicken moist. Once done cut into pieces and add to crock pot..
- While chicken is cooking, dice onion and garlic. I also use garlic minced in a jar. Simmer both in skillet with vegetable oil on low-medium heat for 10 minutes then place in crock pot..
- Add the rest of the ingredients to your crock pot and cook on high heat for two hours then place on low or warm..
- can top with tortilla chips, sour , cream, and shredded cheese..
Whisk the mixture until a smooth paste forms. Add onions, red pepper, green pepper, and minced garlic. Stir and begin cooking, then add the rest of the spice mix. Stir to combine, then add shredded chicken and stir. Fry tortilla strips until crisp and browned; remove with a slotted spoon.