Christmas☆Gugelhupf bread. Great Range for Kitchen & Home Online. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Check Wayfair's vast choice of top brands & styles and get great discounts daily.
Gugelhupf is made with a soft yeast dough, baked in a high, creased, toroidal pan. Depending on the region it can contain raisins, almonds or sometimes also Kirschwasser cherry brandy. Some regional varieties (Czech, Hungarian and Slovak) are filled with a layer of sweetened ground poppy seeds. You can have Christmas☆Gugelhupf bread using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Christmas☆Gugelhupf bread
- Prepare 200 g of bread flour.
- It’s 35 g of sugar.
- You need 2 g of salt.
- Prepare 3 g of instant dry yeast.
- Prepare 75 g of milk.
- Prepare 45 g of butter.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 85 g of raisin.
Coat the Gugelhupf form with butter and flour. Fill half of the dough into the baking form. Mix the cocoa powder into the remaining dough and add the dough to the form. You can decorate them when the bread is done cooling off!
Christmas☆Gugelhupf bread step by step
- Mix all the ingredients except for butter, raisin and almond slices. Knead them until they form a soft dough. (Make sure the milk is warm. Do not put yeast and salt next to each other).
- Add butter and knead once more. When it became soft and stretchy, add 1/3 of raisin in half side of the dough and fold. Do the same 3 times..
- Roll it in to a circle and place it back in a bowl. Wrap around the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rise for 30 min in a warm place..
- Let it rest for 10min under a wet towel/kitchen paper. (I’m making 4 mini gugelhupfs so I cut them in 4).
- Grease some butter or oil in a gugelhupfs shape pan and place some almond slices..
- Let the air out from the dough by punching nicely. Roll it back in a circle and make it like a donut shape. Place it a pan..
- Let it rise for 20min..
- Bake in a oven that is preheated to 200C°(392F°) for 25min. Check the bread frequently to make sure it is not burnt..
When making bread -When placing yeast and salt in a bowl at the beginning, do not put it next to each other! When yeast touches salt before the yeast is dissolved in liquid, the salt will stop yeast from working. -Always use warm milk and unsalted butter Mix all the ingredients except for butter in a bowl. When it forms a soft dough, add butter and knead once more. Knead the dough on a floor surface. Mix together flour, sugar, salt, yeast and warm milk in a bowl.