Mike's BBQ Flat Smoked Brisket & Choice Short Ribs. Low Prices on Brisket Great recipe for Mike's BBQ Flat Smoked Brisket & Choice Short Ribs. My newest seven year old renegade student decided she wanted to learn how to smoke her first brisket and short ribs today. Seeing as how I'm only accustomed BBQ'ing.
Brisket Rub Rub the Worcestershire in to the meat. While this marinates, combine the remaining rub ingredients. The beef brisk. #therollinggrillSmoked Brisket Flat Recipe for Beginners. You can have Mike's BBQ Flat Smoked Brisket & Choice Short Ribs using 17 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's BBQ Flat Smoked Brisket & Choice Short Ribs
- You need of ● For The Meats.
- You need 2 Pounds of Quality Beef Flat Brisket.
- Prepare 2 Pounds of Choice Beef Short Ribs.
- You need of ● For The Woods.
- You need as needed of Mesquite Wood.
- It’s as needed of Hickory Wood.
- It’s of ● For The Dry Rub.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Paprika.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Cumin.
- You need 1 tbsp of Cayenne Pepper [or less if you're not fond of spice].
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Chilli Powder [or less if you're not fond of spice].
- It’s 1 tbsp of Granulated Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Granulated Onion.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Dry Mustard [optional].
This Smoked Beef Brisket recipe can be cooked in any type of smoker. Instructions Remove the wet-aged brisket flat from the packaging, pat dry with paper towels and place on the cutting board and trim. Sprinkle a light coating of kosher salt on one side, then a light coating of the coarse pepper. Leave the meat rest at room temperature to.
Mike's BBQ Flat Smoked Brisket & Choice Short Ribs step by step
- Beef Flat Brisket [room temp].
- Choice Beef Short Ribs [room temp].
- Mix your dry rub and rinse your meats..
- Liberally dust and press your meats with your dry rub..
- Dust tops bottoms and all sides. Press dry rub into beef..
- Place both Hickory and Mesquite wood chunks into your smoker. Fill your water bowl within and bring smoker to 225°. Place brisket fat side up and ribs bone side down..
- Cover for 3.5 to 4 hours but, pull the beef short ribs at about 1.5 hours in. There's no need to flip meat. In fact, try not to peek! It will allow all your smoke to escape. It really is a precious commodity! Keep an eye on your steady 225° temp tho!.
- You'll know your ribs are ready when the meat has pulled away from the bone..
- Ultimately you'll want your internal brisket temperature at 190° to be safe. I usually leave mine at a rare 180°. But, any temp you choose, a meat thermometer is definitely in order. 😆.
- You can choose to sauce up these dry rub ribs if you'd like. Heinz is putting out some descent new brands as of late. Sweet Baby Ray's is also another delicious sweet option..
- Pull brisket and wrap immediately in tin foil. Allow brisket to rest for at least a half hour + before slicing. Don't worry, she'll still be hot!.
- Side Dish – Stacked Baked Beans.
- Side Dish – Potato Egg Salad.
- Side Dish – Half chewed buttery, salty corn on the cob! Delicious!.
- Slice your rested juicy brisket and plate..
- Serve with buttery, salty corn on the cob, baked beans and chilled potato egg salad. I have a tasty recipe under my profile for both the salad and beans. You can also make excelent Brisket and Burnt End Sandwiches with thick dill pickle slices. You'll definitely want those sour pickles to cut the rich fat you'll find in your brisket. Enjoy!.
Also known as a full packer, it includes both the fatty point (the top muscle) and the leaner flat. Bakman's checklist for selecting an exceptional full packer starts with ensuring that the brisket fits in your smoker. Print Bacon-Smoked Brisket Flat Recipe Notes. Place the brisket in your smoker with the point closest to the fire source and shut the lid. You have to be very careful leaving a brisket on smoke for that length of time though.