Tuscan Style Braised Beef Short Ribs. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders We Use Our Skill And Knowledge To Select Meat Specifically For Its Tenderness And Flavour. Bring the liquid to a simmer, cover, and put the pot in the oven. Tuscan Short Ribs This is the feast we enjoyed last night while we watched the Oscars.
It combined all of our favorites – beef, olives, tomatoes. The beef short ribs are an inexpensive cut of beef and all you need is time to make it happen! On a snowy Saturday this was a perfect dish to warm us up. You can have Tuscan Style Braised Beef Short Ribs using 21 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tuscan Style Braised Beef Short Ribs
- You need 4-5 pounds of bone in beef short ribs.
- Prepare 20 slices of pepperoni.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Chili infused.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 of carrots, sliced.
- It’s 2 of ribs of celery, sliced.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 4 ounces of tiny button mushrooms.
- You need of salt and pepper to taste as needed.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of dry red wine.
- You need 28 ounce of can crushed tomatos.
- Prepare 4 cups of low sodium beef broth.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of italian seasoning spice blend.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of hot sauce, such as franks red hot.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 cup of frozen pearl onions.
- You need 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped basil.
- You need 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of fresh grated romano cheese plus more for serving.
The nice thing about this recipe, is if you have leftovers (we did) you can make tacos, grilled cheese, pasta, etc. using the beef and sauce. Bring the liquid to a simmer, cover, and place the pot in the oven. Pat ribs dry; season all over with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven or saucepan set over medium-high heat.
Tuscan Style Braised Beef Short Ribs step by step
- Preheat oven to 300.
- In a large skillet cook pepperoni until crisp, remove to paper towels to drain nd reserve for garnish.
- Season short ribs with salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil to skillet and brown short ribs in one layer on medium high heat removing each rib to a dutch oven when its brown, add more oil only if needed.
- Add onion, carrot, celery, mushrooms, and garlic to skillet, cover and soften on medium low 5 minutes.
- Uncover, add wine and bring to a boil and reduce to almost gone.
- Add broth, tomaotoes with juices, italian seasoning, cream, lemon juice, hot sauce and red pepper flakes. Add about 1/2 teaspoon pepper and salt to taste. Ring to a simmer.
- Transfer liquid carefully to short ribs in dutch oven, mix well.
- Cover and place in preheated oven for 3 1/2 to 4 hours until meat is falling off the bone tender add pearl onuions the last 1/2 hour.
- Remove short ribs carefully from pot to a plate, discarding any bones that fell off. At this point I transfer liquid to a bowl and refrigerate ribs and sauce, covered to allow excess fat in sauce to harden to remove easiy when cold. Usally overnight..
- Reheat sauce in fresh clean pan, add basil, parsley and cheese and check for seasoning.
- Return ribs to sauce.to heat through gently, serve with mashed potatoes or pasta and additinal romano cheese. Garnish with reserved pepperoni crumbled.
Cook ribs, in batches, until browned all over. Add carrots, celery, onion, rosemary and fennel seed (if using). Sear beef and sauté vegetables in a skillet, add the liquid, bring to simmer then tip it all into a slow cooker. Heat the oil in a large roasting tray over a medium to high heat. Add the beef ribs and fry, turning regularly, until browned on all sides.