slow-cooker chicken tortilla soup. Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles, and garlic into a slow cooker. Pour in water and chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. In a large slow cooker, combine chicken, black beans, corn, peppers, onion, fire-roasted tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and chicken broth.
Come home to amazing flavors like green chiles, diced tomatoes, cumin, cilantro and tasty tortilla chips. Place the chicken in the slow cooker. Sprinkle on the chili powder, cumin, and salt and pepper. You can cook slow-cooker chicken tortilla soup using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of slow-cooker chicken tortilla soup
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- You need 4 of chicken breast (frozen).
- You need 2 clove of garlic (minced).
- It’s 2 can of chopped mild green chile peppers (4oz).
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes (15oz).
- You need 1 can of mild red enchillada sauce (15oz).
- Prepare 1 tsp of each cumin, chili powder, salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 packages of frozen corn (10oz).
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro (chopped).
- It’s 1 of lime wedges, shredded Parmesan cheese, sour cream, avocado slices, tortilla chips for serving.
Add the onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, chicken broth, tomato paste, chipotle, and black beans. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup Pour chicken broth and diced tomatoes into a slow cooker. Add onion, garlic and spices and chicken.
slow-cooker chicken tortilla soup instructions
- place the chopped onion in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Layer the frozen chicken breast on top.
- Add the diced tomatoes and their juice, green chiles, enchilada sauce, garlic, chicken broth, spices, and bay leaf.
- cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- remove bay leaf.
- remove chicken to a plate and shred with two forks. Return to slow cooker..
- Stir in corn, and continue to heat until corn is hot.
- Add a handful of chopped cilantro.
- serve with a squeeze of fresh lime juice, shredded parmesan cheese, sour cream, avocado and tortilla chips for satisfying meal in a bowl.
One of the best things to make in a slow cooker is, of course, soups, and if there's one you should try asap is this slow cooker chicken tortilla soup recipe! It's so simple to put together and comes loaded with chicken, beans, corn, crisp tortilla strips, and all the bold flavors you love. Cook onion, garlic, and jalapeno (or green chiles) in olive oil until they are softened and add to the Crock Pot. Before serving, shred the cooked chicken and add back to the soup. Serve with tortilla strips or broken up tortilla chips for extra crunch!