Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Soup. Saute oil, garlic and onion in large pan or Dutch oven until soft. Add chicken stock or broth, green pepper, tomato puree, jalapeno, salt, pepper, sugar, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Thoroughly mix flour and water, then whisk into soup.
Garnish each bowl of soup with the shredded cheese and tortilla strips. Submit a Recipe Correction How to make Chicken Tortilla Soup First, you cook the chicken in a skillet. If you wanted to save time you could use some rotisserie chicken and just add the taco seasoning to the pot with the chicken stock. You can have Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Prepare 1 large of Chicken Breast.
- Prepare 1 can of Condensed Cream of Chicken soup.
- Prepare 1 can of Condensed Cream of Mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1 can of Cheddar Cheese soup.
- You need 8 oz of Sour Cream.
- You need 1 1/3 cup of Chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Mild enchilada sauce (canned).
- Prepare 1 can of Mild Rotel tomatoes (undrained).
- Prepare 1 can of Sliced black olives (drained).
- You need 1 of Tortilla chips.
- Prepare 1 of Shredded cheddar cheese.
Rub that chicken breast really well with the taco seasoning and then add it to a nonstick skillet with some butter. I've given detailed instructions on how to make this cheesy chicken tortilla soup in the recipe card below, but here are the basic steps: Cook and shred the chicken. Add all the ingredients into a large soup pot and stir to combine. How To Make Cheesy Southwestern Chicken Tortilla Soup Combine chicken, tomatoes, onions, peppers, corn, black beans, seasoning mix, and stock in a pot.
Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Soup step by step
- Boil chicken breast over medium-high heat for about 30-45 minutes. Remove from heat, drain water and let cool..
- In a large pot, over medium-low heat combine the soups, sour cream, tomatoes, chicken broth, enchilada sauce and black olives. Stir mixture very well..
- While soup is cooking, shred or dice up chicken into small pieces. Add chicken to pot..
- Cook until mixture is warm. Stir frequently to keep from burning the bottom of the pot..
- Once heated thoroughly, remove from heat. Pour into individual bowls and add bite size pieces of tortillas chips and garnish with shredded cheese..
Tortilla soup is fortified with spices and herbs and named for the tortillas that are used to thicken the broth. Here, Jet teaches us how to get that rich mouthfeel and how to fry tortillas to. "The Soup" is all we call it at home, but you can call is cheesy chicken tortilla soup. It is so easy to make and it's got a great chowder and southwestern soup flair that's combines into a better than any other tortilla soup that even the kids will be begging for. And best of all, it's one of the few creamier soups that freezes well. Try our Cheesy Tortilla Soup as an alternative to traditional chicken soups.