Sugar butter bread. Naturisimo:The award-winning destination for natural beauty. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Instructions Spread half the butter on each slice of bread.
Combine thoroughly with a wooden spoon. Add the melted butter and mix until it is fully absorbed. Mix together flour, sugar, salt, yeast and warm milk in a bowl. You can have Sugar butter bread using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sugar butter bread
- You need of bread flour.
- You need of sugar.
- You need of salt.
- You need of instant dry yeast.
- It’s of warm milk.
- Prepare of unsalted butter.
Knead the dough until it is not sticky. Add butter and knead on a surface until it is soft and stretchy. Add in a small piece of butter cube in each slit, egg wash the bread and sprinkle generously with sugar on top. Unmould when the bread has cooled slightly.
Sugar butter bread step by step
- Mix together flour, sugar, salt, yeast and warm milk in a bowl. Make sure the milk is warm. Do not put yeast and salt next to each other!.
- Knead the dough until it is not sticky. Add butter and knead on a surface until it is soft and stretchy..
- Place back the dough into a bowl, cover it with plastic wrap and let it rise for 30min in a warm place..
- Punch down the dough to let the air out. Cut the dough into 8 circles. Let it rest for 10min under a wet towel/kitchen paper..
- Punch down each dough again to let the air out. Roll back into the circle and place it on a pan..
- Let the dough raise for 20min..
- Mix one egg, 10g of milk, one pinch of a salt to make a dorure. (It is to make the bread turn out shiny).
- After the dough is rises for 20min, brush ⑦ to a dough. Cut the dough into a plus sign..
- Place 2g of butter and sprinkle some sugar into the plus sign..
- Preheat the oven to 200c°(392F°), drop the heat to 190c°(374F°) and bake the bread for 10min..
Use a fork or spoon to mix it together before spreading the mixture evenly on one side of each slice of bread. Nothing like warm bread with melting butter over it. Sugar bread gets its name because it's made with sugar, duh :). We don't buy sugar anymore but we use organic honey as a substitute. We purchased a jar from the local farmer's market.