Garlic and Bacon Green Beans. Garden At Home With Sarah Raven, Wide Range of Products Available Online Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Place bacon in a large, deep frying pan.
In the same skillet, saute onion in butter and oil until tender. Stir in wine; bring to a boil. Add the green beans, salt, garlic powder and pepper; heat through. You can have Garlic and Bacon Green Beans using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Garlic and Bacon Green Beans
- Prepare 1 pound of green beans, fresh, rinsed, ends trimmed.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of butter.
- Prepare 6 of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 6 of bacon strips, cooked, drained of fat, chopped.
Stir in lemon juice and bacon. Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Add chopped cooked bacon (drained of fat) and green beans. Saute the green beans: Add a splash of olive oil then add the green beans.
Garlic and Bacon Green Beans instructions
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add green beans (water should be just above the beans), and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook on medium-low heat for 5 minutes, drain the beans..
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook it, constantly stirring, for about 30 seconds. Add chopped cooked bacon (drained of fat) and green beans. Saute on medium heat for about 1 minute to combine all ingredients. Remove from heat. Taste and add more salt, if needed..
Add the garlic and bacon and cook for another two minutes until the beans are cooked to your preference and the garlic is fragrant. Add the lemon juice and season to taste then serve. Add the garlic to the skillet. Return the cooked bacon to the skillet and toss with the green beans. Garlic and bacon green beans is one of our families favorite side dish and great for the holiday menu.