Ity's Crab Cakes. Crab cakes are an American classic – a dish born of plenty, and served simply, preferably with an ice-cold beer, on a deck overlooking Chesapeake Bay. Great recipe for Ity's Crab Cakes. Delicious Crab Cakes pretty easy to make.
Whether they're fried, baked, broiled, or grilled, the end product is a soft and flaky cake that is absolutely to die for. A crab cake is a variety of fishcake that is popular in the United States. It is composed of crab meat and various other ingredients, such as bread crumbs, mayonnaise, mustard (typically prepared mustard, but sometimes mustard powder), eggs, and seasonings. You can cook Ity's Crab Cakes using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ity's Crab Cakes
- Prepare of Mayonnaise.
- You need of Eggs.
- It’s of Dijon Mustard.
- You need of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Prepare of Salt to Taste.
- You need of Black Pepper to Taste.
- You need of Fresh or Dried Parsley.
- You need of Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs.
- It’s of Lemon Juice.
- You need of Crab Meat or 1/2 lb Crab Meat and 1/2 lb Imitation Crab Meat.
The cake is then sautéed, baked, grilled, deep fried, or broiled. Maryland is famous for its crab cakes! After you've tried this recipe, you'll know why. Many people claim to have the true Maryland.
Ity's Crab Cakes instructions
- Add all the ingredients except the bread crumps and the crab meat into a bowl..
- Mix thoroughly..
- Split the crab meat into 2 1/2 lb bunches..
- Hand shred one half so its not in huge chunks but not small ity bitty pieces. If using imitation crab use the real crab for this part..
- Take the other half and use a blender for this and blend till totally minced. If doing imitation use just the imitation for this..
- Put the crab in the bowl with the other ingredients and mix well..
- Add the bread crumbs and mix well so its all evenly distributed..
- Make patties of the ingredients. This made me 13 cakes. but lets say make about 12 cakes..
- Heat a large pan on medium high heat..
- Melt a half stick of butter.
- Put in half the crab cakes and cook them for about 5 minutes each side.
- Repeat for the other half of the crab cakes..
- I enjoy these with a mix of cocktail and tartar sauce..
Finally, it's time to for them crab mixture into cakes. Divide the crab evenly into six portions. The, using damp hand, form each portion into a thick patty. Place the crab patties onto the baking sheet. The crab cakes will very very fragile at this point, so treat them delicately!