Toni's Country Fried Steak & White Mushroom Gravy. Toni's Country Fried Steak & White Mushroom Gravy is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a. Delish & Easy Country Fried Steak with a Mushroom White Pepper Gravy! Coat steaks with flour, salt and pepper. You can cook Toni's Country Fried Steak & White Mushroom Gravy using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Toni's Country Fried Steak & White Mushroom Gravy
- Prepare 4 of cubed steaks.
- You need 2 large of eggs.
- You need 1/2 dozen of mushrooms.
- You need 4 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 4 tbsp of black pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne powder.
- You need 1 1/4 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- It’s 1/3 cup of flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
I usually put the salt, pepper and flour into a plastic bag, add steak to coat. Dip steak into flour (save remaining flour) Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, add steak and brown on both sides. Tenderize the meat by pounding it with a mallet or the bottom of a heavy skillet.
Toni's Country Fried Steak & White Mushroom Gravy step by step
- assemble a line of plates 1· Flour with a pinch of black pepper sifted throughout 2· 2 large beaten eggs with a pinch of pepper & a pinch of salt 3· Flour with lots of Pepper, Garlic powder, Onion powder, Cayenne & Paprika sifted throughout chop mushrooms set aside.
- heat a skillet with 2 tbsp of vegetable oil and 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- get 4 thin cut cubed steaks & season both sides with a pinch of salt & pepper, now go down the line, dip into flour, egg, then flour with all seasonings & into frying pan cook on both side for about 4 minutes over medium high heat, then place on a brown paper bag or paper towels..
- then to the same pan add your chopped mushrooms to 2 more tbsp of unsalted butter cook till brown with a wooden spoon scrape the bottom of the pan and get up all the drippings and mix around with mushrooms, then add 4 tbsp of flour with a whisk & whisk until all the clumps are out & till smooth & the roux has a nice golden brown color, now add 1 & a 1/2 cups of whole milk and add lots of fresh cracked black pepper stir and pour into a gravy server..
- You can serve country fried steak with biscuits, mashed potatoes, & favorite veggies or serve for breakfast biscuits eggs sunny side up & your favorite hash. Enjoy and Good Simple Eats!!.
Stir together the flour and spices in a shallow dish. Put the buttermilk in a separate dish. Dredge steaks in the flour mixture, dip into the buttermilk and dip again into the flour mixture. Country-fried steak is made with cube steaks, a tenderized cut of meat that makes a great weeknight dinner entrée. We coated each steak in a crushed saltine cracker mixture, and then fried until golden brown.