Mike's Spicy Thai Chicken Rice Noodle Soup. ● Place everything in the Spicy Thai Chicken Broth section [except for the + reserves] in a large pot and bring to a simmer. You'll definitely want a lot of broth for this dish. ● Turn off heat. Here is how you cook that.
Add the crushed chili, then pour in the broth and tomatoes, turn the heat to high, and bring to a simmer. A healthy winter soup to kick off the new year: spicy thai chicken & rice noodle soup. It's a flavorful spin on chicken noodle soup that is still every bit warming and comforting. You can have Mike's Spicy Thai Chicken Rice Noodle Soup using 37 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's Spicy Thai Chicken Rice Noodle Soup
- You need of Noodles.
- It’s 2 of 16 oz Asian Rice Stick Noodles [room temp].
- Prepare of Spicy Thai Chicken Broth.
- It’s 1/2 lb of Precooked Rotisserie Shreadded Chicken.
- It’s 3 box of 32 oz Chicken Broth [+ reserves].
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Thai Kitchen Fish Sauce [+ reserves].
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Thai Lemon Grass [minced].
- You need 10 of Thai Chile Peppers [stems removed – left whole – + reserves].
- It’s 2/3 cup of Thai Basil [chopped + reserves].
- It’s 1 cup of Fresh Bean Sprouts [left whole – + reserves].
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Chinese 5 Spice.
- You need 1 of 1" Piece Fresh Ginger [peeled – left whole].
- You need 2/3 cup of Celery With Leaves [sliced].
- Prepare 2/3 cup of White Or Purple Onions [sliced].
- You need 8 clove of Fresh Garlic [smashed and fine chopped].
- Prepare 1 of Juice Of 1 Thick Lime Wedge [+ reserves].
- It’s 1/2 cup of Fresh Snap Peas.
- It’s 2/3 cup of Carrots [sliced].
- You need 1 tsp of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Siracha Garlic Chile Sauce [+ reserves].
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Powdered Chicken Bullion.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Soy Sauce [+ reserves].
- Prepare of Garnishments.
- It’s of Fresh Bean Sprouts.
- You need of Siracha Garlic Chile Sauce.
- It’s of Thai Chile Peppers [sliced].
- Prepare of Jalapeños [sliced].
- It’s of Sliced Boiled Eggs.
- You need of Fresh Thai Basil.
- You need of Fresh Cilantro.
- It’s of Lime Wedges.
- You need of Soy Sauce.
- You need of Fish Sauce.
- It’s of Options [add all to broth if chosen].
- Prepare 1 of Cinnamon Stick.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Coconut Milk.
- It’s of Star Anise [or, you can increase your chinese 5 spice by 1/4 tsp if out].
Full of vibrant Thai flavors to keep things fresh and exciting as we start a new decade during these cold winter months. This easy Thai Spicy Chicken Noodle Soup recipe is made with creamy coconut milk, rice noodles, chicken, Thai red curry paste, broth, and veggies. It makes a hearty, gluten free meal that is perfect for a weeknight dinner. Learn how to make homemade Thai noodle soup with this quick and simple recipe.
Mike's Spicy Thai Chicken Rice Noodle Soup step by step
- Here's what you'll need..
- Rinse and chop your vegetables..
- ● Place everything in the Spicy Thai Chicken Broth section [except for the + reserves] in a large pot and bring to a simmer. Boil until carrots are soft. About 35 to 40 minutes. ● Add additional chicken broth or water if you need it at simmers end. You'll definitely want a lot of broth for this dish. ● Turn off heat..
- Prepare your chilled, fresh garnishments and place on table in seperate bowls..
- ● Pull your 1" whole ginger piece and fine chop 1 tablespoon of it. Place back in pot. ● I'll also add another handful of fresh chopped Thai Basil to the pot again and allow it to steep for flavor and texture..
- Place room temperature rice noodles evenly in 4 seperate bowls. Try to slightly seperate noodles in bowls with chopsticks..
- ● Bring broth back up to a super heavy boil. ● Ladle piping hot broth over the tops of your noodles. ● Mix broth and noodles well. The noodles will cook almost immediately. ● Allow soup with noodles to sit for 1 minute before garnishing and serving..
- ● Know that even with your broths long simmer time, your snap peas and bean sprouts will still remain crispy. ● Allow your guests to serve themselves from their noodles, to the broth, to their garnishes. They always seem to have great fun doing that! See the Garnishment section for options. ● IMHO opinion as a Chef – additional fresh thai basil leaves, the squeeze of a lime wedge, Siracha Garlic Chile and Soy Sauce are absolutely essential – garnishment wise – in this soup upon serving. Enjoy!.
Heat the oil in a medium soup pot over medium-low heat. Add the chicken broth, coconut milk, fish sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, and turmeric; bring to a gentle simmer. My guide on how to make Thai chicken noodle soup. Made street food style. with all the condiments you'd find at a street cart here in Bangkok. Strain your rice noodles and give a quick rinse with cold water so they don't stick together.