Brad's bacon, almond and lemon green beans. Discover The Latest Outdoor Collection Now. Retro Sweet Hampers with Huge Selection of Gift Ideas. Had this in a restaurant recently, and was a little disappointed with the flavor.
Add rich, nutty flavor to green beans by topping the steamed beans with a mixture of browned butter and toasted almonds. Brad's bacon, almond and lemon green beans fresh green beans. Add the partially cooked and drained beans back to the pan with the almonds. You can cook Brad's bacon, almond and lemon green beans using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's bacon, almond and lemon green beans
- Prepare 3/4 lb of fresh green beans. Rinse and cut off stems.
- You need 6 slices of bacon, chopped.
- You need 1/2 of small onion chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s of Juice of 1 lg lemon.
- Prepare 1 oz of sliced almonds.
Cook and stir just until the green beans are warmed through. Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
Brad's bacon, almond and lemon green beans step by step
- Add 1 inch of water to a lg pot. Add a steaming insert to the pot and steam green beans until tender..
- Meanwhile heat a lg frying pan on medium heat. Add bacon and onions. Saute until bacon is cooked and onions are translucent. Add garlic and sauté 1 more minute. Drain fat except about 1 tsp..
- Add steamed beans to bacon and onions. Add lemon juice and almonds. Saute until lemon juice is almost evaporated and combines with the little fat to coat everything evenly..
- Salt to taste and serve immediately. Enjoy..
Add the green beans and sauté to coat and heat through. Toss in bacon and sliced almonds; remove from heat and serve immediately. Tip in the beans and a grind of pepper, toss well, then warm through. Finish with a squeeze of lemon and toasted flaked almonds. Season with salt and pepper, and transfer to a bowl.