Super Simple Chicken Tortilla Soup. Get just the right utensils for the job. Free UK delivery on eligible orders From the restaurant to your doorstep. Favourite restaurants in your area, ready to take your order.
Add the whole can of tomatoes and mix. Add chicken back to soup – add salt and pepper. The base of this soup is a blend of enchilada sauce, crushed tomatoes and chicken broth. You can cook Super Simple Chicken Tortilla Soup using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Super Simple Chicken Tortilla Soup
- It’s 2 of chicken breasts OR thighs.
- You need 32 oz. of box of chicken stock (broth works too).
- It’s 1 cup of tortilla chips – any kind you prefer.
- You need 2 cups of shredded mozzarella.
- It’s 1 of large tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of a large onion.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of cilantro.
- Prepare of Spices: Cumin, Coriander and Garlic Powder (all to taste).
Black beans, corn, onions and garlic are also added. Cilantro and lime juice get added at the end. Top your soup with extra cilantro, avocado, and tortilla strips. Place boneless skinless chicken breasts in the slow cooker.
Super Simple Chicken Tortilla Soup instructions
- Boil chicken until cooked thoroughly. When done shred..
- While chicken is cooking, dice the onion, cilantro, tomatoes and shred cheese..
- In a pot, bring chicken stock to a simmer and add the spices..
- In each individual bowl, place a handful of tortillas in the bottom then a handful of cheese on top..
- Once the broth is simmering, add the shredded chicken and cook for about 1 minute..
- Place large spoonfuls of chicken onto the cheese and chips. Then pour the broth into the bowl..
- Top with diced tomatoes, onions, cilantro and enjoy!.
Add chopped onion, carrots, celery, canned corn, canned beans, canned tomatoes, minced garlic and spices. Remove the chicken from the pot and shred or cut up into smaller pieces on a cutting board. Cozy, flavorful, and nourishing—Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup is a must make to beat those cold weather doldrums. It's an easy dinner made with shredded rotisserie chicken, pantry staples, and a few fresh vegetables. I love soup all year long, but it's especially comforting when those temps dip outside.