Kalbi (Korean Barbequed Beef Short Ribs). Order Directly Online – Enjoy Great Deals. Order directly online or download our app. Check Out our Selection & Order Now.
The thin slices make for fast cooking on the griddle. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate. Remove the ribs from the bag, shake off the excess marinade, and discard the marinade. You can cook Kalbi (Korean Barbequed Beef Short Ribs) using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kalbi (Korean Barbequed Beef Short Ribs)
- You need 5 lb of 5 pounds Korean style beef short ribs.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1/4 cup of mirin (rice wine).
- It’s 2 tbsp of black sesame oil.
- You need 1 small of onion, peeled and finely grated.
- It’s 1 small of asian pear, peeled and finely grated.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 2 of green onions, thinly sliced (garnish).
In a large bowl, combine the sugar, soy sauce, apple juice, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the short ribs and, using your hands, massage the marinade into the meat. Combine cola beverage, white sugar, soy sauce, water, green onions, sesame oil, garlic, sesame seeds, and black pepper in a bowl until marinade is well-mixed. Place short ribs in a resealable plastic bag and pour in marinade.
Kalbi (Korean Barbequed Beef Short Ribs) step by step
- Sprinkle brown sugar over beef and massage to evenly coat. Let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes while preparing marinade..
- In a bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Transfer beef into a large sealable freezer bag. Add marinade, squeeze excess air from bags, and seal. Turn bag over several times to ensure beef is evenly coated. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight..
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium-hot. Drain excess marinade from beef. Grill short ribs, turning once, to desired doneness, about 3 to 4 minutes per side..
- Garnish with thinly sliced green onions, if desired. Serve whole pieces as a main course or cut into smaller pieces, using kitchen shears, for a starter or party nibble..
Squeeze out excess air and seal the bag. LA galbi is a Korean-style barbecue short ribs dish marinated in a perfectly balanced sweet and savoury sauce. Galbi, or kalbi as it is sometimes written, literally means "rib" in Korean. What makes LA galbi stand out from other short rib dishes is its distinctive horizontal cut, sliced thinly for a quick grill. Make a sweet-spicy marinade, then marinate beef short ribs for at least four hours.