Chicken Tortilla Soup. Throw in the onions, green and red. In a large saucepan heat the vegetable oil. Once the onions have softened add the garlic and jalepenos and cook for another minute.
Mix cumin, chili pepper, garlic powder, and salt. Place chicken breasts on a baking sheet. In a large saucepan, heat remaining oil. You can cook Chicken Tortilla Soup using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Tortilla Soup
- You need 4 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 1 cup of cooked rice.
- It’s 1/2 of chopped white onion.
- You need 4 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 can of corn.
- Prepare 1 can of black beans.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 2 cups of red enchilada sauce.
- You need 1/2 of store bought pre cooked rotisserie chicken pulled.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of oregano.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
How to make chicken tortilla soup Begin by heating the oil and butter in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, and green pepper. Chicken Tortilla Soup This is truly the best chicken tortilla soup! This classic Mexican soup with chicken and tomatoes is topped with crispy fried tortillas, avocado, Jack cheese, cilantro, and lime.
Chicken Tortilla Soup instructions
- In pan heat butter, add rice and onion. Sautée for a bit..
- Add chicken stock and all other ingredients, heat until boil. Done..
In a large slow cooker, combine chicken, black beans, corn, peppers, onion, fire-roasted tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and chicken broth. Cover and cook on low until. Instructions Heat ¼ cup olive oil over medium-high heat a small pan. Add tortilla strips in small batches and fry until crisp. Heat olive oil In a large pot over medium heat.