My French Green Beans with Bacon, Tomatoes and Mushrooms. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Mushrooms are an under-appreciated and an under-utilized ingredient in home-cooking. Find out some new ways to get mushrooms into your weekly meals!
The kids loved it and we are definitely going to add this to our regular rotation. Method: Fry the bacon until nearly crisp and then stir in the onion and garlic until a bit soft. Add the green beans, diced tomatoes, and broth and season with salt and pepper. You can have My French Green Beans with Bacon, Tomatoes and Mushrooms using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My French Green Beans with Bacon, Tomatoes and Mushrooms
- Prepare 1/2 pound of French green beans.
- Prepare 4 of bacon strips cut into fourths.
- It’s 1 of medium white onion, chopped.
- You need 5 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1 (14.5 oz) of can petite diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 (10 oz) of jar mushroom pieces and stems.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of beef soup base or 3 beef bullion cubes.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried basil leaves.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
Place mushrooms and onion into the pan with the bacon drippings. Sauté onion and garlic in a medium skillet coated with olive oil, until tender. Add mushrooms and sauté until tender. Stir in green beans and tomotoes until heated.
My French Green Beans with Bacon, Tomatoes and Mushrooms step by step
- In a medium pot brown bacon. Add onions and garlic. Let cook for 3 minutes..
- Add 1 cup water, beef base, green beans, mushrooms, tomatoes and seasonings..
- Bring to a boil for 2 minutes. Then set on simmer and cover for 30 minutes to 1 hour..
Slender haricots verts need little embellishment. Here they're tossed with a good dose of cherry tomatoes and mushrooms. Once it's cooked, the flavor mellows considerably. If you can't find the tiny French green beans, substitute regular green beans and increase the cook time in boiling water to five minutes to ensure they're done. Instructions In a large sauté pan, melt the butter then add the mushrooms.