Short Ribs in Tomato Sauce. Low Prices on Ribs Check Out Tomato on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today! Pour off excess oil (be careful!) Throw garlic and onions into pot.
All that browned yumminess will mix with the wine and enhance the flavor of your short ribs. Cook to reduce the mixture by about half. Stir in parsley, thyme, bay leaves, brown sugar, salt, and red pepper flakes. You can cook Short Ribs in Tomato Sauce using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Short Ribs in Tomato Sauce
- Prepare 1 can of 6oz Tomato Paste.
- You need 32 oz of Beef broth.
- Prepare 1 each of large onion.
- Prepare 2 cup of chopped celery.
- You need 2 cup of chopped carrots.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of paprika.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of oil.
- Prepare 5 lb of Beef Short Ribs.
Add onions and short ribs, and stir together until the mixture comes to a boil. Stir in wine, then add short ribs with any accumulated juices. Add all herbs to pot along with garlic. Bring to a boil, cover, and transfer to oven.
Short Ribs in Tomato Sauce step by step
- Combine salt, pepper, paprika and flour.
- Trim, rinse and dry beef.
- Coat the beef with all of the flour mixture.
- Add oil to skillet and heat to 400°F Fahrenheit.
- Brown the beef short ribs on all sides and remove from pan.
- Chop onion and saute in remaining oil..
- Combine beef stock, tomato paste, carrots and celery in pan.
- return meet to pan and cover and lower heat to simmer.
- Simmer for two (2) hours.
- Serve over thick egg noodles, potatoes or rice.
Cook until short ribs are tender. Stir in tomatoes, rosemary, thyme, oregano, and red pepper. Add short ribs and sausage, submerging in tomato mixture. In a large enameled cast-iron casserole, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Season the short ribs with salt and pepper and add them to the casserole in a single layer.