Chicken Shawarma w/ White Sauce and Fluffy Yellow Rice. Chicken Shawarma w/ White Sauce and Fluffy Yellow Rice instructions. Add the yellow rice in the pan and stir to mix. Seasoned with salt and black pepper and give a stir for one more time.
Slice the chicken and place it in a bowl to marinate. Mix all the spices and oil together and pour it over the chicken, cover the bowl and marinate for an hour or overnight. I cooked the chicken on cast iron pan until tender and ready. You can have Chicken Shawarma w/ White Sauce and Fluffy Yellow Rice using 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Shawarma w/ White Sauce and Fluffy Yellow Rice
- You need of Chicken Thighs *bone in, skin on preferred.
- It’s of Olive Oil.
- You need of Minced Garlic.
- It’s of Lemon Juice.
- Prepare of Cumin Powder.
- It’s of Garlic Powder.
- You need of Coriander Powder.
- You need of Oregano.
- You need of Black Pepper.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Cayenne.
- You need of Paprika.
- Prepare of Plain Yogurt.
- You need of Mayonnaise.
- It’s of White Vinegar.
- Prepare of White Sugar.
- You need of Parsley Flakes.
- It’s of Water.
- Prepare of Jasmine Rice.
- It’s of Butter.
- It’s of Turmeric.
- You need of Adobo Seasoning.
- It’s of Chicken Stock.
- It’s of Sriracha.
Switch off, open the pan and fluff the rice up. Serve the rice with chicken shawarma, accompaniments of your choice and you can drizzle some pepper sauce over it to add depth of flavour to the meal. Here are the accompaniment recipes: Bring chicken broth (or water) to a boil and add in rice. Put the chicken thighs in a large food bag or bowl and season well.
Chicken Shawarma w/ White Sauce and Fluffy Yellow Rice instructions
- Marinate the Chicken Thighs for 2-24 hours -1 tbsp olive oil -1 tbsp minced garlic -1 tbsp cumin powder -1 tbsp of paprika -1/2 tbsp black pepper -1/2 tbsp of salt -1/2 tbsp of coriander -1/2 tbsp of cayenne -1/2 tbsp of lemon juice -1/2 tbsp of garlic powder -1/2 tbsp of oregano.
- For the White Sauce add the following ingredients in a bowl and mix together: -4 tsbp of Mayo -2 tbsp of Plain Yogurt -1 tbsp of Water -1/2 tsp of salt -1/2 tsp of black pepper -1/2 tsp of sugar -1/2 tsp of white vinegar -1/2 tsp of lemon juice -1/2 tsp of parsley flakes.
- For the Fluffy Yellow Rice: -melt a tbsp of butter in the pot -add 2 cup rice -add tsp of cumin, turmeric, adobo seasoning, paprika -add 1/2 tsp cayenne toast rice with butter and seasonings for 2 minutes -add 2 cups chicken stock/1 cups water bring to a boil. Once boiling turn down to simmer, cover and let cook for 12 minutes..
- Preheat Oven to 350 F/ 175 C.
- Once the chicken thighs have finished marinating, fire up the grill, cast iron or just a pan on the stove. The aim is to sear/char both sides of the chicken to seal all the flavors inside the chicken. Aim for an internal temperature of around 170 F/ 76 C. After giving both side a nice sear you can place the chicken in the over for 10-15 minutes checking the internal temperature of the chicken until it is at your desired temperature..
- Cut up chicken, put on top of a bed of rice, drizzle the white sauce and some sriracha, add a side salad and ENJOY!.
Whisk the lemon juice and oil together then add the garlic, spices and bay leaves. Mix thoroughly and pour over the chicken. For the shawarma, mix together the cornflour, salt, cumin, coriander, paprika, turmeric, cloves, cayenne and cinnamon. Put the oil into a bowl, then add the chicken and stir it around. Add the dry spice mix and stir to coat all the chicken pieces well.