String Beans. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Looking For String Beans? String beans are the edible fruits of the bean plant, or the plants themselves. They are called string beans because of a fibrous string that runs along the length of the pod, which is usually removed before eating.
They are also known as Baguio beans in Philippine English, to distinguish them from yardlong beans. Other locals in the vegetable farming regions of the Philippines refer these as "habitchuelas". Green beans, string beans, or snap beans are a rich source of vitamins A, C, and K, and of folic acid and fiber. You can cook String Beans using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of String Beans
- You need 1 bundle of string beans.
- You need of Sliced pork.
- Prepare 1 tsp of flour.
- It’s of to taste soy sauce.
- Prepare of to taste white pepper.
- It’s 1 of Garlic clove.
- It’s 1 of small shallot.
- It’s of to taste ginger.
- It’s of to taste oyster sauce.
- You need of oil to fry.
They have similar nutritional benefits to snap peas and okra. Snap, string, or green beans are all names for pole or bush beans that grow in the spring and early fall. You'll find pole and bush beans in green, yellow, and purple hues. Haricots verts are a smaller, thinner French varietal that can also be cooked using this method if you reduce the cooking time in half.
String Beans step by step
- Wash string beans and cut it into 2 inches..
- Marinate pork with flour, soy, white pepper. Mix properly and set aside for 10 mins..
- After 10 mins, prepare your wok and pour oil. When it is already hot, stir fry ginger, garlic and shallot., then the pork. Add a little water and simmer until pork is cooked, then add string beans and oyster sauce. Cover and simmer until done..
Green beans, also called snap beans or string beans, are a staple in many kitchens across the United States. They're a beloved side dish at family potlucks, holiday meals, and nightly dinners. In the empty skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Sprinkle with salt and paper, then serve. Green beans, string beans, and snap beans are long and rounded and green.