The best Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe. Save time and buy groceries online from Amazon.co.uk Check Out Recipe Spaghetti On eBay. This amped-up Italian comfort food is sure to become a family favourite. With just a few extra ingredients and inventive methods, we've given this.
This is a great reliable version if you're new to the Bolognese fun. With controlled salt and fat, it's a. On the hunt for the best bolognese recipe of them all. You can cook The best Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe using 25 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of The best Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
- It’s of Main Ingredients.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need 2 of medium onions, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, trimmed and finely chopped.
- You need 2 of celery sticks, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- It’s 2-3 sprigs of rosemary, leaves picked and finely chopped.
- Prepare 500 g of minced beef.
- Prepare of Bolognese Sauce.
- Prepare 2 of x 400g tins plum tomatoes.
- It’s of Small pack basil, leaves picked (3/4 chopped, rest left whole).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- You need 2 of fresh/dried bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of tomato purée.
- It’s 2 of beef stock cube.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 1 of red chilli, deserved and finely chopped.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of red grape vinegar.
- You need 6 of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half.
- You need 1/3 teaspoon of fresh black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of To season and serve.
- It’s 75 g of parmesan cheese, grated, plus extra to serve.
- Prepare 400 g of spaghetti.
- You need of Crusty bread, to serve.
Leslie Brenner wanted the ultimate bolognese. Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan and fry the bacon until golden over a medium heat. When ready to cook the spaghetti, heat a large saucepan of water and add a pinch of salt. Cook according to the packet instructions.
The best Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe instructions
- Gather and prepare all ingredients.
- Put a large saucepan on a medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Reduce the heat and add the two onions, two carrots, two celery sticks, two garlic cloves and the leaves from 2-3 sprigs rosemary, all finely chopped, then fry for 10 mins. Stir the veg often until it softens..
- Increase the hear to medium-high, add 500g minced beef and cook stirring for 3-4 minutes until the meat is browned all over..
- Add two tins of plum tomatoes, the finely chopped leaves from 3/4 small pack basil, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 2 Bay leaves, two tablespoon tomato purse, 1 beef stock cube, 1 deserved and finely chopped red chilli, 1/2 teaspoon of red grape vinegar and 6 halved cherry tomatoes. Stir with a wooden spoon, breaking up the plum tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil, reduce to a gentle simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes stirring occasionally, until you have a rich, thick sauce. In between, add the pinch of sugar for flavor. Don't forget the salt and fresh black pepper.
- Add the 75g grated parmesan cheese, check the seasoning and stir..
- When the bolognese is nearly finished, cook 400g spaghetti following the pack instructions.
- Drain the spaghetti. Serve with more grated parmesan cheese, the remaining basil leaves and crusted bread. And enjoy! 😋.
Once the spaghetti is cooked through, drain and add to the pan. Everyone needs a basic spaghetti bolognese recipe that still tastes great, no matter how simple. Get that depth of flavour by cooking the sauce very gently until it's. My recipe for chunky spaghetti Bolognese when you're in a rush. My kids love it and often ask for a second helping.