Pea and Parsley Soup 🌱🌿. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Using parsley instead of the more conventional mint gives this summer soup a deeper, slightly less sweet flavour.
Method Heat the oil and butter in a large. You can substitute the parsley for mint and eat it chilled on an especially hot day – which we have had a few of this year ;-). You can also try rocket leaves instead of parsley – another. You can have Pea and Parsley Soup 🌱🌿 using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pea and Parsley Soup 🌱🌿
- Prepare 2 cups of frozen peas.
- You need 1 of small bunch of parsley 🌿.
- It’s of 1 white onion.
- You need of 2 cups of stock (see my recipe for homemade or use bullion or cube).
- It’s of 1 or 2 potatoes – peeled and chopped.
- You need of Chopped parsley to garnish.
- Prepare of Olive oil to drizzle.
- You need of Salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 squeeze of lemon (optional).
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste. If you have some pea shoots, they look beautiful scattered over the finished soup too. The recipe here is for a soup that is naturally low in fat but rich in flavour and very filling because it is high in plant-based protein from lentils and peas. So delicious, and even more so with a little bit more fat – I love my soups best with a piece of buttered sourdough on the side and cubed feta or shaved parmesan on the top.
Pea and Parsley Soup 🌱🌿 instructions
- Peel and chop the potatoes into small chunks to minimise coking time, cover with stock, bring to a bubble. Add onions, reduce heat snd simmer Hutu the potatoes are soft. Add peas and parsley and blend using your usual method..
- Taste and season with salt, white pepper and black pepper and a squeeze of lemon. Pour into bowls. Drizzle with a swirl of olive oil and a little moreparley. Serve with an extra lemon wedge if you wish lemon 🍋.
I like it garnished with a few whole peas – especially really small and sweet raw ones. If you have some pea shoots, they look beautiful scattered over the finished soup too. Great recipe for Pea and Parsley Soup 🌱🌿. I make a lot of veggie soups and they are perfect for our work at home family lunch at the moment! I've made this a few times, I don't measure I just trust my instincts and adjust if required.