My Crab Cakes. Your favourite Cakes restaurants available on Deliveroo. Browse new releases, best sellers or classics & Find your next favourite book Combine crabmeat, sauteed green onions, egg, mayonnaise, dry mustard, crushed crackers, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, Old Bay seasoning, salt and pepper. Coat the patties with bread crumbs.
This is a recipe from my grandmother. These are simple crab cakes, but made with fresh crab meat, which makes all the difference. Coated in breadcrumbs and fried till golden, they are delicious as a main or starter. You can cook My Crab Cakes using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My Crab Cakes
- You need 1 lb of jumbo lump crab.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of red bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of scallions, chopped.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of old bay seasoning.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of plain breadcrumbs.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
Crab cakes seasoned with lemon zest and fresh basil, pan fried and served with a coriander-lime mayonnaise.. To make the crabcakes: mix together the mayonnaise, egg, Old Bay seasoning, if using, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and parsley. Fold crabmeat into the mix, then add the breadcrumbs. In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, mayonnaise, lemon juice, red chilli flakes, tarragon and spring onions.
My Crab Cakes instructions
- Mix everything together in a big bowl (add crab last), form into patties. You can make 4 large or 8 average size patties..
- Pan fry cakes in oil, turning once..
Gently stir in crab meat, being careful not to break up meat. Gradually mix in cracker crumbs, adding until desired consistency is achieved. Heat butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Classic Crab Cakes Our region is known for good seafood, and crab cakes are a traditional favorite. I learned to make them from a chef in a restaurant where they were a best-seller.