Slower Cooker Green Beans. Low Prices on Green Slow Cooker. Season with garlic salt and pepper and top with butter chunks. Chop up the bacon and add it to a frying pan with oil.
In a slow cooker, add in green beans, butter, brown sugar, cooked bacon bits, finely diced onion, salt and pepper. Discard bacon and thyme; top with crumbled cooked bacon. Mix remaining ingredients; pour over beans and toss to coat. You can have Slower Cooker Green Beans using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slower Cooker Green Beans
- Prepare 3-4 (14.5 oz) of Cans of Green Beans or (fresh Green Beans).
- You need 3-4 slices of uncooked bacon.
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of Onions chopped.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 Stick of butter.
Lightly spray the crock of your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Pour your cans of green beans in your crock pot Tear up your uncooked bacon into pieces and scatter in your crock pot Cut up your butter into pats and place evenly around your crock pot Add enough water to cover your beans by a half inch Add the salt and pepper (as desired) and bring the mixture to the boil. Reheat the remaining stock on the hob and add to the slow cooker. Also, add the pesto and stir everything together.
Slower Cooker Green Beans step by step
- If using Fresh Green Beans destring and clean Green Beans..
- Put Green Beans (fresh or canned)(Do not drain Green Beans if using canned) in Slow Cooker. Add salt, pepper, onions, Bacon, and butter. If using Fresh green beans add 2 Cups of water..
- Cover and cook on High for 2 Hours..
Place green beans into a skillet and pour in chicken broth. Raise heat to high, add salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to beans, and bring to a simmer. Drain green beans and add them to the slow cooker. Pour sauce over the green beans. If you prefer a more tender green bean, add the optional chicken stock or water to the the slow cooker for cooking your green beans.