Linguine with White Wine Clam Sauce. Low Prices on White Wine Add thyme and wine. Add clam juice or stock, clam juice will give the dish a stronger clam flavor, chicken stock will give it a buttery personality. A splash of white wine and a sprinkling of basil simmer right along with garlic, parsley and clams, enlivening the basic sauce for this delightful clam linguini.
Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant. Return pasta to saucepan; toss to coat well. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese, crushed red. You can have Linguine with White Wine Clam Sauce using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Linguine with White Wine Clam Sauce
- It’s 1 pound of linguine.
- Prepare 50 of clams.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 of an onion diced.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic chopped.
- Prepare 1 bunch of parsley.
- You need 1/4 of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 of olive oil.
- It’s 1 cup of white wine.
In a large skillet, saute the garlic, then add the clams and juice, spices and white wine and let that simmer for a few minutes. Add the linguine and cook according to package directions until just shy of al dente. (The pasta should still be firm to the bite since it will cook another minute or two in the sauce). This linguine with white wine clam sauce is made with canned clams and is a lighter version of it's creamy cousin. I participated in Mom Blog Tour Winter Fancy Food Show (#MomBlogTourFF) on behalf of Wendy's Bloggers.
Linguine with White Wine Clam Sauce step by step
- Melt butter and olive oil together in a pan..
- Add diced onion and chopped garlic cloves. Cook till fragrant..
- Boil water for pasta if not done so and add pasta. Cook for recommended time..
- When onion and garlic is fragrant put white wine, lemon juice and cleaned clams into pan and cover. Bring to a boil..
- When clams are completely opened take off heat..
- Put pasta in a serving bowl and pour clams and sauce onto pasta..
- Chop one bunch of parsley and sprinkle on top..
I received Academia Barilla and Bialetti products to facilitate my review, but my opinions and the recipe are my own. Choose a good cheap wine to cook with but stay away from the "cooking wines". Add the pasta to the clams. Add some pasta water if needed. When pasta is cooked , drain and add to a large serving bowl.