Sig's Leek and Sweet Pepper Crab Cakes. Hundreds Of Different Retro Hampers & Gifts To Choose From. From Gourmet Food Hampers To Retro Sweet Hampers, Order Your Perfect Hamper Today! We Have Almost Everything on eBay.
So this was the thought , if I throw all the ingredients that I like together in a pot, it should work. Combine the crabmeat, potatoes, spring onion, parsley, white pepper, cayenne and egg in a bowl with a little sea salt. Serve with pinches of watercress and a dollop of tartare sauce. You can have Sig's Leek and Sweet Pepper Crab Cakes using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sig's Leek and Sweet Pepper Crab Cakes
- Prepare 1 medium of shallot.
- Prepare 2 of very small baby leeks.
- Prepare 1 of pointed Italian or other sweet pepper, any colour.
- It’s 3 small of cloves of smoked garlic.
- You need of fresh very fine chopped flat parsley.
- Prepare of grated zest (peel) of one unwaxed lemon.
- You need 1 tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of tablespoon mustard , mild to medium hot.
- You need 1/2 of teaspoon best sea salt or salt substitute.
- Prepare 1 pinch of turmeric.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper or to taste.
- You need 2 pinch of smoked paprika.
- It’s 2 of egg whites.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 500 of grams crabmeat, either fresh or ready cooked.
- Prepare 225 of grams breadcrumbs , either fresh or dried.
- It’s 3 of to four tablespoon plain flour for dusting your hands when doing the patties.
The other night there was a pasteurized can of jumbo lump in my fridge. We had crab in salads and make crab cakes. There were leeks and corn in the fridge too so I sautéed a nice side to go with the crab cakes. The succulent crab meat is mixed with just the right amount of breading.
Sig's Leek and Sweet Pepper Crab Cakes step by step
- Chop your pepper,shallot leeks, garlic cloves and parsley very finely , put all into a bowl.
- Add all the spices and all other ingredients ,except the breadcrumbs the crab meat and flour . Set aside about one half of the breadcrumbs and add the other half to the other ingredients.
- Mix well with your hands, until all is combined add the crab meat and gently lift it under , so that it does not all end up being mashy.
- Put the mixture into the fridge for 45 minutes or so then form into small patties with your hands floured . Roll the patties carefully into the rest of the breadcrumbs, covering them completely, transfer the patties to a plate and cover with clingfilm, and chill for another 45 minutes , for all the flavours to combine.
- Heat some oil in pan and cook a few patties at a time only, for 4-5 minutes from each side until they are cooked and golden brown..
- Remember that these are very delicate because of their texture, so be gentle with them . I served with caramalised lemon butter and fresh asparagus.
- This will serve 3 to 4 people depending on the size patty you make ..
A trip to the beach would not be the same without my mother's delicious classic Old Bay Crab Cakes Recipe. The crab meat is freshly picked that day and with the addition of sweet. These crab cakes don't use fillers or bread crumbs, they emphasize the crab meat. you can be certain that your crab cakes will be bursting with sweet crab flavor and texture. These crab cakes get a bit of heat by adding Harissa. Harissa is a North African hot red paste whose main ingredients are chili peppers (often smoked or dried) and.